cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign notification types to order types in SAP Plant Maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I want to have some solution configuration wise here.

Q. My system allows to create orders of  all the types even if the notification is of let's say "Break Down Maintenance" only.

To make it more easy to understand.

If Notification Type is  Break Down system allows to make Orders of all the types be it Preventive or Corrective.

I have checked the settings in IMG path as well. Following the road map given below.

PM & CS --- Maintenance and Service Processing --- Notifications and Service Orders ---- Notification Creation --- Notification Types ---- Assign Notification Types to Order Types. (See the screen shot attached)

Even the settings in the system shows that notification types are restricted to their respective order types.

E.g. Notification Type N1 to Order Type O1 only.If the user chooses any other type then the system should show error.

Please guide !! as I am unable to find any solution as far as configuration in SAP is concerned !!

I hope that my question is clear to all.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor

Hello Rubab,

The setting you have shown does not restrict the Order type, it just gives the default value of Order type in the Pop-up you get upon clicking on the Order create icon in the Notification. You can change the Order type.

Now, you want a solution in Configuration route. This is possible. No need of enhancement.

Do this way.in spro tcode OIAL

This hides the Order type field in the Order creating pop-up and user will have no option to change it. I have given setting for M2 notification above. Likewise you need to do for all Notification types you want this restriction, using Influencing button in OIAL.

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice solution, This could be good work around to custom development.

Thanks

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear JRK,

Thanks for this executable solution but I have two queries here.

1. In T-CODE IW34 Would these fields be hidden too?

Secondly, If  I create a notification and then go to T-CODE IW34 in the initial screen it automatically displays the NOTIFICATION # that have been created last using IW21. Here it asks to enter the order type an then allows any order type irrelevant of notification type already mentioned.

Please see the snapshot shared here of T-CODE IW34. It has the "notification number" already present. Notification is M1 (B/D) , if I enter order type PM02 (Corrective) then it accepts and takes to next session (see second snapshot for reference) rather then showing an error.

Pl also see the second snapshot for the reference.

Second snapshot. pl note that the notification is M1 (b/d)  and order type is PM02 (Corrective).

Please guide !!

Regards

Rubab Zehra

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NO ,

• For this already explored option would be exit IWO10009 only.
  • The issue with this method is it prevents you at the time of Saving the Order, not at the initial screen.
  • Though this solution is applicable to the earlier case to which I have given a spro solution, because of the above issue, you wouldn't like to ignore that solution.
  • Then, there can be another alternative through some research by ABAPer by intercepting the standard program SAPLCOIH at the initial screen of IW34, and write a code as per our requirement in the implicit enhancement point available at that place.
  • IF you need the code to be written for this requirement in exit IWO10009  I will try to provide.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir, the actual difficulty here is with "User Exits". I have not practiced this before but I believe that a lot of my queries will be resolved if I properly learn to apply this function.

P.S. :And of course the solution provided earlier is always applicable.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The simplest solution for the entire issue could be :

• Implement the above configuration and
  • Withdraw IK34 authorizations

Then there will be no need of learning user-exits atleast for this purpose.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here is the solution code for IK34 issue. The following code needs to be put in the include ZXWOCU07 of the exit IWO10009.

IF sy-tcode = 'IW34'.

DATA: v_qmart TYPE qmart,

v_qmart1 TYPE qmart.

CLEAR: v_qmart, v_qmart1.

SELECT SINGLE qmart FROM tq80 INTO v_qmart WHERE auart = caufvd_imp-auart.

SELECT SINGLE qmart FROM viqmel INTO v_qmart1 WHERE qmnum = caufvd_imp-qmnum.

IF v_qmart <> v_qmart1.

MESSAGE: 'The Notification you have selected for this Order creation is of different type.'

TYPE 'E' DISPLAY LIKE 'I'.

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

This gives rise to the following error popup and prevents Order to save when the Order type and Notification types do not match the Configuration table.

Take help of your ABAPer to implement it.

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I had a discussion and testing about the user exit ( provided above) with my ABAPER. After testing the results did not reflect the right results.

According to my ABAPER the exit is not the right one.

Please help!

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Zehra

ABAPer has to check himself before telling the exit is not right one. Pre-requisite for an exit to trigger is --> IT needs to be assigned to a project, (CMOD). When I gave you a tested code in the other post, how can you say the exit is not right one. Copy the code given and use. Check the pre-requisite mentioned.

When you say some thing is not working it is not all. You need to say what is your requirement, what code you are using and what is the result or error you are getting while testing.Things can not be understood by simply telling 'Not working'.

Also the way you marked 'Correct answer' to a different post of mine than expected (not to the one which has solution code) raises doubts whether you have really understood what was suggested.

When you mark 'Correct answer' to something without caring whether it helps you or not, you should not continue in that thread further. You should start a fresh thread.

BTW Read  IK34 as IW34 in the first line of the post containing code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot! Actually being a new user I was not completely aware of the rules that are supposed to be followed.

I am being very careful now while marking an answer as correct or helpful.

Will have a discussion on this with my ABAPer again and  will revert.

Thanks & Regards

Rubab Zehra

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do not continue in this thread as I already mentioned.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rubab,

This is also a similar request for an enhancement.

You need to built a custom check to restrict Notification - Order.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rubab,

Standard feature gives us Default order type against the notification. All the order type configure against planning plant are allowed wrt notification. If you want you can do enhancement using User exit.

Regards

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe you can not control this through configuration. You will have to develop custom solution by user exit IWO10009.

Thanks

Yogesh