cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry - Windows is using my iPad platform screen

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

Has anyone had the issue where Windows uses a screen designated for the iPad platform?  This has happened to me twice now.  The first time was a few days ago, and it cleared up the next day for no apparent reason.  Now today it randomly started happening again.  I've verified this is the case by placing a label on my iPad screen the reads "this label was placed only on iPad screen", and the label is showing up on the screen displayed by Windows when I publish/run the app.  I've double and triple checked that the proper screens are being used by WPF and iPad platforms.  I'm using SMP SDK 3.0.11.1 and WPF Agentry client 70.11.0.5.  My client OS is Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard SP1.

I've tried resetting the Agentry client and also rebooting the machine with no luck.

Thanks

Tim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

This is resolved.  It was being caused by the fact that I had coded to the Windows 1280x1024 platform, and my actual screen resolution had changed to 1600x900.  Apparently if your Windows screen resolution doesn't exactly match the platform resolution in code then Agentry randomly picks which platform to use.  Once I changed my screen resolution back to 1280x1024 the problem went away.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The screen selection isn't random.  There is a file called "Screenset.ini" which is in th emain application folder (the one without the app name at the end).  This file has all the platforms and what platforms from the application should be used.

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info!

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

Stephen,

What if your resolution is not available as a platform?  I'm using a Windows laptop with screen resolution 1600x900.  This resolution is not one of the supported platforms.  I did try adding a section to Screensets.ini named [Win32_1600x900], and placed the Win32_1280x1024 as the first entry in this section.  However, after I publish and reset my client to download fresh code it still isn't using my Win32_1280x1024 platform code.

Thanks

Tim

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Tim,

You can't create new platforms.  You simply need to understand which one your client will default to and adjust the screensets.ini for that platform accordingly to prioritize the Win32_1280x1024 ahead of the iPad screens.

--Bill

Answers (0)