cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation/Assignment of Project in PS & Project Management to portfolio item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have one query. Is it possible to create Project in PS and project in Project management(C project) from Portfolio item at the same time.

Requirement is to have portfolio structure for approvals and strategic decisions, Project in project management  for detail resource planning using roles and tasks, and Project in PS for all the logistic plan and execution and other period end activities . In short busiess requirement  is such that, we need to have Projects created in PS and Project management( C project) and then assigned to Portfolio item.

I was going through the configuration of PPM, there i can only see an option to either create PS project or Project management Project.

Early response is highly appreciated.

Thanks .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Akhil,

You are correct in that you can either create one or the other automatically on Item creation. At our current clients we create the cProject automatically then we create the PS project on Item approval using either a Decision Point approval as a trigger, or via a custom program which creates PS projects for all approved Items

Regards,

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Dear Chatsworth,

I have the same problem as Akhil.

Could you please develop the process of "PS project creation on item approval using Decision point "?

Thanks a lot