cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object's physical description: Index = 0 SapGui numeric component type = 21/ 22/ 23

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am re-running some SAP TAO scripts that were created by another user in an older version of TAO (3.0.2, I believe). We've since upgraded to HP ALM 12.01 and TAO 3.0.6. When running some of these tests I occasionally encounter the error above in the QTP run report:

Object's physical description:
Index = 0
SapGui numeric component type = 21

OR

Same as above but comp. type = 22

OR

Same as above but comp. type = 23

I did some searching on google and came across a recommendation that probably the data file is feeding a value in "text" format where SAP is expecting a numeric value (usually, the data file saves most input fields as text). I tried changing the format on the numeric field to number in the data file but this did not help.

Have others encountered this issue? Any ideas on resolution?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I experienced this error for some of the TAO scripts that I had created myself, which had been running fine just the previous day and were now failing with this error on the next. All of the steps in the script get executed just fine yet the script fails with this error.

This is what I believe is the root cause: I have dual monitors. When I had initially recorded the script, it was on the left monitor. If I left the SAP GUI screen as is on the left monitor and let the script run, it ran successfully. On the instances when I moved my SAP GUI to the right monitor and then ran the script, it fails. I tried this a couple of different times by switching the GUI between the 2 monitors and was able to successfully replicate the issue, which makes me fairly confident that this is indeed the root cause.

Not sure how to fix it, but at least I know now how to avoid. If anyone has a fix, please respond! Thanks.