SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find Installation or Contract from EQUNR

ricky_shaw
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts, I have equipment# and device. Using this, is there any FM for me to find out the Installations & Contracts?. Can some suggest plss... Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

srinivasankh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricky,

There are two type of what we call as Device in IS-U, one is actual Equipment maintained via IQ01/IQ02/IQ03 and the other is Device Info Record maintained via EG44/EG41/EG43.

For actual Equipment, use the below logic:

A) From your Equipment Number EQUNR go to table EGERH and specify in EQUNR and get the Logical Device number LOGIKNR, use right time-slice

B) Then from LOGIKNR go to table EASTL to get the linked Installation (ANLAGE) using the right time-slice

C) Then from this Installation if it has live Contract get them from table EVER using right move-in/move-out dates.

For Device Info Record:

A) From your Equipment Number EQUNR go to table EGERR and specify in EQUNR and get the Logical Device number LOGIKNR, use right time-slice

B) Then from LOGIKNR go to table EASTL to get the linked Installation (ANLAGE) using the right time-slice

C) Then from this Installation if it has live Contract get them from table EVER using right move-in/move-out dates.

LOGIKNR is the internal number generated by SAP and its used to uniquely identify a Device in an Installation in a client. Its like a link between Installation and Device connected to it. Its main functionality is that, if you re-use the same Device and install in other Installation then LOGIKNR will be unique and used to identify the relationship with right time-slice.

If you really want FM then try using ISU_S_DEVICEMOD_PROVIDE.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Srini

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricky,

You can use the table EGERH to find the link b/w Equipment# and the logical device no.

Once you have the logical device no., you can pass it in the FM, ISU_GET_OBEJCTS to find the related Installation and contract.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

But what is this logical device no?

Does it needs to be maintained or configured somewhere?

0 Kudos

Amlan,

There is NO option for me to pass logical device no in the above FM  that you mentioned i.e ISU_GET_OBJECTS.

Is there any way for me to use this Logical device#

0 Kudos

Hi Ricky,

The import parameter 'Device' is actually Logical Device Number 🙂 I know its confusing!

Please see below:

Thanks,

Srini

srinivasankh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricky,

There are two type of what we call as Device in IS-U, one is actual Equipment maintained via IQ01/IQ02/IQ03 and the other is Device Info Record maintained via EG44/EG41/EG43.

For actual Equipment, use the below logic:

A) From your Equipment Number EQUNR go to table EGERH and specify in EQUNR and get the Logical Device number LOGIKNR, use right time-slice

For Device Info Record:

A) From your Equipment Number EQUNR go to table EGERR and specify in EQUNR and get the Logical Device number LOGIKNR, use right time-slice

LOGIKNR is the internal number generated by SAP and its used to uniquely identify a Device in an Installation in a client. Its like a link between Installation and Device connected to it. Its main functionality is that, if you re-use the same Device and install in other Installation then LOGIKNR will be unique and used to identify the relationship with right time-slice.

If you really want FM then try using ISU_S_DEVICEMOD_PROVIDE.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Srini

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

The logical device# is null(000000) in my case and also the BIS date is not 12/31/9999.

I see 3 records in EGERH as there are 3 devices for my installation.

I did a device removal and need to capture the device# and removal date.

Can you pls suggest?

0 Kudos

Hello Ricky,

Can you please share the screen shots of EGERH table?

Thanks

Regards,

Mohammed Muzammil.

0 Kudos

Hi Ricky,

Same table EGERH holds the device removal date AUSBDAT (if required check the activity reason GERWECHS)

If you have removed the Device then do not specify BIS as 31.12.9999.

I suspect in your se11 selection screen for EGERH had time input (*ZEIT) as 00:00:00 and hence you are finding the records, remove that from selection and try the below as I mentioned before:

Thanks,

Srini

0 Kudos

Hi,t

I don't see any time input(*ziet).The logiknr is '000000' .

0 Kudos

Hi Ricky,

Sorry I was not clear, by that (*ZEIT) I mean to remove the time related fields from your selection.

LOGIKNR field is NUMC 18 and you please double check your EQUNR and Installation link in ES32?

Thanks,

Srini

0 Kudos

Hi Mohd, Please see the screen for EGERH. I removed the device on 04/19/2016. I can see the same value in AUSBDAT field.  But the BIS date is 1231999 & also LOGIKNR is initial (0000000). LOGIKNR is seen for the record one day ahead of removal.

0 Kudos

@Srinivasan,

I don't have any time related fields.

In ES32 where is the LOGIKNR link maintained?

How can I get the Installation when LOGIKNR is initial ('00000000')?

To get installation from EASTL I need it.

0 Kudos

Hello Ricky,

Let me try to explain. The table EGERH is the history table for the Devices in ISU. This means, from the time the device has been created this table would keep a track of the activities happened on the device.

Now let me explain the 3 records in your case :

Record 1: When the device ( Equipment 11191071 ) was created in the system, the first record was created. At that point in time the AB value is 02/10/2010 and the BIS value was 12/31/9999.

Note the Logical Device Number (LOGIKNR) field is blank. This is because, a logical device number is created when the device is installed in the installation. Since at this point in time, the device is just created in the system and is available for installing in any installation the logical device number is blank.

Record 2: The device ( Equipment 11191071 ) was installed in some installation say 'X' as on 03/06/2010, since the installation was done this device is no more available for any other installation and a unique logical device number is generated at this point in time. The AB value is 03/06/2010 and the BIS would have been 12/31/9999.

Note: The installation date is populated with 03/06/2010 and you will also see the corresponding device location as well against this record. Since the device is not yet removed, the device removal date is not known to the system and hence the device removal date is empty here.

Record 3: The device ( Equipment 11191071 ) was removed from the installation 'X' as on 04/19/2016 and this device is now available for installing in any installation hence there is no logical device number for this record. At this point in time of activity ( removal activity ) both the installation and removal dates are known to the system, hence they are populated accordingly.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks.

With Regards,

Mohammed Muzammil.

0 Kudos

Hello Ricky,

An initial value in the LOGIKNR field means the equipment is not linked to any installation. Hence you cannot link the EASTL with EGERH for a time period where the LOGIKNR is initial.

And as far as the link in ES32 for the LOGIKNR, its through Equipment and the "Valid From" and "Valid to" in the Devices screen. You will find a record in EGERH with a LOGIKNR value populated for the time slice in ES32 Devices screen.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

Regards,

Mohammed Muzammil.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the detailed explanation Mohd.