cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems while downloading new application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Whenever i deploy new application to some device and restart the device . It doesnot ask me for Logon username and password and takes me directly to MI page .. Due to which new application doesnot get extracted and i get 404 error..

Can anyone help me on this..

Thanks and Regards

Neha Kapoor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha

Once the MAU application gets downloaded to the client and you restart your device, the extraction of the MAU war file is triggered. The extraction of the war file takes around on an average 20 to 30 seconds depending on the size of the war fie. When you start the MI Client at the time the war file extraction is happening, the MI Client goes to the home page directly and clicking the application link will definitley lead to and error since extraction has not yet been completed. But clicking on any other link will redirect to the login page. Hence the solution to this problem is, once the application is donwloaded and you shut down the MI Client, wait for around 20-30 seconds or look out for the presence of <b>meRepMeta.xml</b> in the <MI_HOME>\webapps\MAU directory and only then restart the MI Client.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivkumar ,

Thanks for ur answer it was very helpful...

Can u please explain me the flow from assigning the new application to hierarchy group what happens after that..

Actually when i assign application to hierarchy group i get 404 error sometimes but when i assign to specific device i have never get it..

Thanks and Regards

Neha Kapoor

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

satyendra_dhar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

When you assign an application to a HG then it will get assigned to all the users belongs to that HG, and doesn't matter which device they belongs for.

You can sync this user on any of the device and will get the application assigned to him.

If you assign an application from DeviceMaintenance to a device then the application will get assigned to a particular user on device.

the user can't get the same app in different device.

Regards,

Satyendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Might be a problem with the deployment of the application..

Just try to reassign the application..i.e. undeploy the present application and redeploy it.

Lets see.

From the above post try to check for that entry in mobileengine.config...

Cheers,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Which SP you are using for MI client.

Cheers,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

SP18 Mi 2.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Correct me if i am wrong:

You initially assigned application to youir device and you synced the device to get the application hyperlink and you have restarted the MI client and when you launched the client..it is not asking for any username and password..it is directly giving 404 error OR when you start MI client it will take to MI home page with a hyper link when you clik on the application link it is giving 404 error..Which one is correct....

May be some problem while you deploy the application...

Can you explain clearly..:)

Cheers,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neha,

Can u check following,

1) your MI Client version should be less than or equal to WAS version

2) Check the entry in the MobileEngine.config file in ur MI folder,

if <b>MobileEngine.Security.BypassLocalLogonPassword</b> is set to true,

make it false

then restart ur client device.

Hope it helps,

Regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kartick,

When i deploy new application to the device .The application gets downloaded and gives the sync log . I then restart my device . In webapps folder i can see the War file but no MAU folder. When i click on Start Mi link it takes me to MI page with Buttons like MAU , Sync and doesnot ask me for username ...and password

Due to which Mau folder doesnot get extracted and When i Click MAu it gives me 404 Error,

Thanks and regards

Neha