cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Substitution-A replaced with B, without item category change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  SAP Guru's

I have a requirement in relation to Material substitution. The requirement is as follows:-

Original Material =A

Replace material=B

1. ATP check should happen for both materials
  2. Material substitution is enabled for only one specific region

( I believe this can be done based on sale org)

3. A should be replaced with B automatically, when B is out of stock  a Pop window should show with ATP window

4 .Partial inventory splitting should be enabled for VA01 & VA02 when entire quantity is not available for material-A

5. Only B should be displayed in sales Doc( No sub items should be displayed)

6. Item category of B should be standard -TAN. it should be NOT replaced with PSA1 or PSA2.

Please advise if standard SAP can do this configuration or we required ABAPER here. Please advise if any consequences...

Thank you in Advance...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Friend,

Just try this following steps and confirm whether it works for you or not?

Step 1:

In your case, i think you need to used CMIR procedure i.e. VD51, where you need to maintained the ITEM USAGE "FREE" for specific customer-material combination.

Step 2:

Also check Item Category Determination transaction,

Hope this can help you in some way...

Regards,

Kundan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kundan,

thanks for the suggestion, we are not looking to maintain CMIR.

thnks again...

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello.

I am a bit confused about some of the points, could you please clarify them, so that I can think of some good solution?

3. A should be replaced with B automatically, when B is out of stock  a Pop window should show with ATP window

Maybe you meant the opposite - A to be replaced by B, when A is out of stock. If I misunderstood you, please explain why the business needs to replace and article with an alternative, which is not in stock, despite the fact, that they might have quantities from the original one. It could be that part of the end-to-end process is missing.

4 .Partial inventory splitting should be enabled for VA01 & VA02 when entire quantity is not available for material-A

5. Only B should be displayed in sales Doc( No sub items should be displayed)

So if you have 5 EA of A and 10 EA of B and the customer requests 12, you would like to send 5 EA of A and 7 EA of B, is this correct?

But in this case you need A and B in the outbound delivery, also in the order and billing, because you can in theory have different prices, foreign trade data, materials are used in profitability analysis, they can result in different FI postings and quite a lot of other things, which contradicts the requirement in point 5.

Did you actually mean that you do not wish to print the material codes separately on some internal documents or show them combined on custom reports? Not that it is technically impossible to manipulate the data for printing, but it can be really confusing for employees to handle that and for customers, when they receive a proforma and compare the materials/quantities in it against what they physically receive.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all thank for your response.

For Point -3:-

Sorry it was mistake. You were correct " A to be replaced by B, when A is out of stock."

For point-4:-Partial inventory splitting should be enabled for VA01 & VA02 when entire quantity is not available for material-A.

The current system have ZA01 instead of VA01.  As per the current design, the line items are displayed as Sub items- but the business needs to display only the replaced item. I have expressed the same concerns of employees  being confused. But if its technically possible I will convey the same.

can you please help me  configure for points 1,2,3,4 and 6.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you wish to achieve material determination with ATP, you cannot use strategy A (the popup).

If the business would accept to get the materials determined automatically, then you can get both A and B as sub-items to B.

(1)

I have not changed the item category determination of course, but you can adjust it by yourself.

In your case, since you show only subitems, they will see 175785 32 CS and 175783 8 CS.

Here is how my record looks like:

Currently I have only 20 CS available of 175785.

(2)

If you wish to use the popup, then you will see that:

and you will have to choose one of the two materials, cannot add both of them, and the popup would appear even if I order 10 CS, so I don't see that as a good approach.

If you wish to substitute materials directly in standard without sub-items, then you will not get ATP check, so you can substitute only with the first material in the determination record.

If your client insists on staying with the standard approach, then you will have to discuss with him which of all these requirements is the most important, in standard you cannot have all of that, sorry.

If they wish to sell material A until they get out of stock and add from B, then option 1 seems to be the best.

If they just wish to substitute A with B and do not care about popups etc, then use reason 0002.

If they really like to choose products from a popup, then go with (2).

I guess that option (1) with some minor adjustments is closest to what your client requests, but it is still not perfect, so probably you will be forced to go for custom development.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No idea how your ZA01 is developed, it is quite possible that it does not work with a customized transaction, I displayed how it looks like in standard.

The substitution reasons in my sandbox are: