cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP - Agentry - WinCE native scanner device.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We have an infrastructure with SMP 3.0 SP09 PL03 in internal network, with NGINX reverse proxy in DMZ for Agentry WebSockets traffic.

This infrastructure is already productive and working fine with Android, Win32 and iOS devices.

Now I am testing a handheld native scanner device, using PocketPC. It is an InterMec CK70 scanner, which is a supported Agentry device.

I have installed the WinCE Agentry client version 7.10.0.9.

I have installed a dummy (Hello World) Agentry application on our SMP, but I am unable to start it up from this client (it works from iOS clients).

One thing I noted, was that I needed to specify the https port (443) explicitly, but this is taken care of.

The NGINX SSL certificate is signed by a major CA (GlobalSign) so trust should also be OK.

When I am logging in to the SMP server via the client, I just see the line 'Requesting Public Key from Server' and the timer is running, but nothing else is happening. No errors are displayed.

Does anybody have a clue what could be wrong ?

Thanks,

Søren Hansen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Søren ,

One thing you will probably need to adjust are some settings related to the TLS / SSL connections.  Most of the WinCE devices don't support the newer settings that SMP is now defaulting to and you need to re-enable some of the older protocols.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Any chance you can get more specific than this ?

I don't really know which changes to the settings I need to make.

Thanks,

Søren

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

To enable lower protocols for these servers, edit the file in <smp server>/config_master/org.eclipse.gemini.web.tomcat/default-server.xml

search for sslEnabledProtocols (should be 3 locations) and set the attributes to be

sslEnabledProtocols="TLSv1.2,TLSv1.1,TLSv1"

save, restart smp, and your winCE devices should now be able to connect.

--Bill

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Soren,

1. Based on our discussion on other customer tickets, there was an issue related to this that is tied to the transmitconfiguration settings in the editor. For the other case, they had to change the connection from AngelLite to Angel then it will work.

2. Did you try uninstalling the client and go to the directory of where the client is installed and make sure you completely cleared the directory. The uninstall feature does not remove the data automatically, you need to manually remove it. 

also make sure to copy the certificate from SMP 3.0 to the client and install it as needed. Make sure it also exist on the directory where you installed the Agentry client.  In past tickets, if the certificate does not exist in the same directory, the system or Agentry client will not transmit or it may crash.

Regards,

SAP Mobile Support Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I don't think the transmitconfig is an issue here, I am not even being logged into the SMP. I am also using a HelloWorld (homemade) Agentry app, so I don't have Angel and AngelLite configs. Only a transmitconfig called 'Network' with same settings as Angel (WebSockets over HTTPS and check data tables and complex tables).

The uninstall is not that relevant either - I did a fresh install of the new client, and have never succeeded in logging in with this one.

I tried downloading and placing public certificate of SMP (not selfsigned), which is signed by a GlobalSign intermediate certificate, which again is signed by GlobalSign root certificate, in the same folder as Agentry Client. I also located the intermediate certificate in the same folder. I have also verificed that all 3 certificates are installed and trusted by the scanner device.

None of it get's me any further - the client log writes the line 'Requesting Public key from server' and timer is running, but nothing further is happening. I am not seeing any logs in the SMP.

Do you have any other suggestions - otherwise I will just open an OSS ticket.

Thanks,

Søren Hansen