Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking Material During Prod Order

former_member272866
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

How can I set automatically that some materials/components to be pulled from another storage bin when I create the Production Order or confirm it?

Any idea it will be very helpful

Thank you,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have to agree in that it is difficult to understand exactly what the problem is here, as I am not clear on;

1) Do you always keep the same material in both Bin A and Bin B?

2) Do you always what production orders to pull from Bin B and sales orders (for example) from Bin A ?

3) Is it, as all ready mentioned by Pritt, a SLED/FIFO problem ?

4) Other relevant information .....

If you could provide more clarity on what the objective and problems are, we might be better placed to help.

Cheers

A

former_member272866
Participant
0 Kudos

Currently the materials/components are all in the Bin A.

I want to move some quantities of the in the new bin B.

And when I want to produce some particular materials I want the system to let me choose from which storage bin to pull the materials in this case B.

Right now the system pull automatically from A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case then, you could remove the auto TO functionality and manually convert the TR, selecting the required bin.

Cheers

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned by Coles, you have to change the config for the movement type , disable immediate TO and manually process.

Regards,

Pritt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Your question in not clear enough to suggest something. Please provide more details what is your exact requirement

BR

Kamlakar

former_member272866
Participant
0 Kudos

Basically what I want is during the Production Order confirmation all the materials/components to be pulled from the Storage Bin B and not from Storage Bin A (as it is now)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smith,

What is the picking strategy you have used?

Regards,

Pritt

former_member272866
Participant
0 Kudos

Both bins A and B have FIFO

former_member272866
Participant
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

I am assuming both bins come under same storage type. Storage bin B is having older quant, that's why system is proposing B first.

If they are not of same storage type, then pls check for picking what is the storage type sequence.

If possible, attach the screenshot also.

Regards,

Pritt

former_member272866
Participant
0 Kudos

I have attach above the screenshot with the Storage type. Both have the same characteristics..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then definitely Bin B is having stock with older GR date. Please check the quants and revert.

Regards,

Pritt

former_member272866
Participant
0 Kudos

Do you have any idea how can I change the bins? That the System pulls materials from bin B and not form A?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can't change the bins when TO is already created. You can cancel the TO and create fresh TO , while creation select your bin you are opting for. As per standard logic , system picks the old quant as you maintained strategy "F" .

Regards,

Pritt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Still it is not very clear.

I assume you have PP-WM interface activated and you are consuming staged material from staging area. For backflush material, on operation confirmation system consumes material from bin specified in control cycle for production supply area, if this is the case then you have to specify correct bin in control cycle.

if this is not the case, detail out complete scenario. On confirmation do you get material doc/TR and then you are creating TO?

BR

kamlakar

former_member272866
Participant
0 Kudos

After the order confirmation the system generates automatically TR and yes after that I create the TO and confirm it.

But even in the TR the system it doesn't let me to change the bin from which I want the components to be pulled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can change the source bin during TO creation not in the TR.

Cheers

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the TR system will not allow to change, but, I guess when you are creating TO against TR, you can select the source bin if the concerned material stock is available in bin B . Currently I guess only Bin A holds the stocks. Please check.

Regards,

Pritt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally we do not have source bins (from where to pick material) unless it is specified in movement type and you will not be able to change it in in TR. You might able to change the bin if it is dynamic bin. If it is not the case, then you should be able to change the source storage bin while TO creation.

BR

kamlakar

former_member272866
Participant
0 Kudos

So what all of you saying is after I confirm the production order, and I go with LB10 to create the TO from TR,there I can select the bin that I want from where to pull the components?

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's the one

Cheers

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, do you have other opinion?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now you got our point, Cheers !!!

former_member272866
Participant
0 Kudos

I did all the above steps,but in the confirmation of the TO I cannot select the bin.. It choose it automatically..

I'm literally stuck . Any input about this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to create the TO in the foreground.

Cheers

A

former_member272866
Participant
0 Kudos

That's exactly what I am doing

Former Member
0 Kudos

why are you trying to check confirmation, you need to change it in TO creation. You will not be able to change bin while confirmation unless that is activated for storage type, that is also you will be able to change destination bin.

BR

Kamlakar

former_member272866
Participant
0 Kudos

This are the steps I make: Create Prod Order (CO01) Confirm Order(Co11n)  - automatically the system creates a TR number-  Create TO from TR (foreground) (LB10) and in the end Confirm TO(LT12)

and that's it.

How can I activate from storage type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

During the LB10 step where you create the TO in the foreground, if you press enter without entering any data, the system will select a source bin as per the strategy. At this point (before you save the TO) you can overwrite the bin number.

Alternatively, you can enter the data prior to pressing 'Enter' and the system will accept the data you have entered.

Cheers

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi You may need to take help of WM expert at your end to do it. It has to be done while TO creation

BR

Kamlakar

former_member272866
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you all so much for your answers