cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resctrict time recording on some WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I use some WBSs just to record depreciation and I would like to set those WBSs as not available for time recording, I just want to be able to post via G/L...is there a way I can achieve that?

thank you

S.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Salvatore,

It is easy to prevent physical postings at the time of the transfer, that you can do with a user status.

But if you want to stop that at the time of hours recording at CAT2 for example, then you need a user exit at the time of saving a time sheet.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

thank you very much for your answer...is there a place I can read about the 2 diffferent options? I would like to test them, we use a web-portal to maintain the time sheet, this web-based portal then sends the data to SAP.

thanks

BR

Salvatore

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Salvatore,

In your case I do not think the first option is interesting, because it will just end up in the COFC error pool.

What you need is to stop users at the entry point.  If that is a web interface the question is where the WBS drop-down list is coming from.  Is it directly from SAP or some other system where data comes through interface and you can filter that before it is available for users.

If data comes through interface, then you can filter the flow from SAP to web app based on certain criteria that can be a user status (again).

Regards,

Paulo