cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBase and transaction SOLUTION_MANAGER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question regarding the transaction SOLUTION_MANAGER. There is the menu item "Initial Data Transfer for IBase", which I chose in order to generate the IBase-components corresponding to the system landscape in my solution.

Should this step be done for each solution that is used? Can somebody give me some hints on the dependencies between the IBase and the solutions, because I did not find any comments on this in the documentation.

Thank you in advance!

empe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its for the whole landscape.

To create the installation or IBase from the CRM menu:

· Choose: SAP Menu --> Master data --> Installation --> Create installation

· Or use transaction IB51

For each system a text component is created in the iBASE.

The ID that contains the system ID (SID) and the installation number is used to uniquely assign the component to the SAP system in the system landscape.

Hope this solves your query.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I want to know is:

If I have several solutions in tcode SOLUTION_MANAGER, what happens if I use the mentioned menu item "Initial Data Transfer for IBase"? Do I need to do this to use the solution correctly?

Because if I choose this menu item, there is created an additional item under the root installation in the IBase. And this item is named like my solution. What is it good for?

Or do I only need to generate the IBase once and can use it in every solution?

There are some things unclear that I would like to get to know better if possible.

Thank you in advance!

empe

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already replied to this question in the first line itself. Please check. Hope it solves your problem.

Any queries. Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu