cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spl block while changing document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are getting SPL block for a quotation document when we change the business partner communication data (partner tab) in the document.

In SPRO we have only the name, city, street fields in the Address Comparison procedure and I assume communication data fields are not considered for screening.

So which fields does the system actually consider for changes during the screening document and blocking ?

How can we avoid a field from screening ?

Thanks

Sudesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi MGS,

Although you didn't replied to my queries, whenever you change address manually in a document in ECC, in this case quotation. it generates a new address which is different from master data address and it tagges it as manual change in table VBPA.

Now GTS treats a manual changed address differently.

Please look into these lines, you should get a solution.

Appreciate if you could share your findings for the benefit of all.

Thanks,

Kul Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav

Sorry for the delayed reply and thanks for your reply.

GTS version we use is 7.3 and the screening type is C1 (Batch Job running once in a day - for Business partner address against delta file in background). There is  no other batch screening set in the system.

The issue is yet to be fixed. I would like to know in detail on how GTS treats manually changed address (in documents) differently as you said. Which fields does the system considers for screening in this case?. Does system consider all the document partner fields changes or only selected fields ?

After knowing this, I would remove the field (communication language field in document partner) from screening, so that system does not consider this changes for screening

Thanks

MGS

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi MGS,

For unchanged addresses, GTS only performs status check of Business Partner whereas if the Partner address is changed in the document, system performs rescreening (depending upon screening type and configuration) and gives the result.

GTS doesn't determine itself whether document address is changed rather this information is sent from ECC to GTS as I explained in my previous post.

Since, you are saying that the document is blocked everytime you change partner address manually in document, there can be two reasons:

1) You have setup asynchronous screening.(read thread for more details: scn.sap.com/thread/3876108)

2) You have setup "New check of changed addresses" in customizing. (read thread for more details: scn.sap.com/thread/3842075) - I am yet to verify this behaviour though.

To answer your other questions:

1) In either of the cases, unchanged address or manually changed address in a document, GTS considers same fields for screening as per SPRO customizing settings as per your first post.

So in nutshell, a manually changed address will go through rescreening in GTS whereas unchanged address will only have status check.

regards,

Kul Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

Yes, the time for screening is as per the SPRO setting. Thanks for your help.

But the key issue here is.. while the document's business partner address is screened (while changes), the system is considering all the fields changes (Even Email id or Phone No field changes and blocks the document in A2 Scenario) wherein in SPRO - Control setting for address comparison only Name, Street, City, Country fields are selected for screening..

I tested and it appears that for A2, system is considering all the business partner address fields in the document for the changes and does  not considers the name, street, city, country alone....

So my question is does system considers all fields in A2 ?

Thanks

MGS

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi MGS,

The SPRO settings for address comparison in GTS determines the fields which are compared for SPL screening. On the other hand, as I said earlier, a manual change in ECC of any field will tag the document address as manually changed in GTS.

Just trying to understand more, when you say email id or phone number changes blocks the document, does it matches with email id or phone number of an SPL entry? How do you know system is considering these fields in screening?

regards,

Kul Vaibhav

shrinivas_hosmani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudesh,

My 2 cents. Anytime, you have a changed address on the document, verify on the GTS side and assess if you have the below errors for the document. It will be more easier to decide as to what all the system has found as hits.

As Vaibhav asked, how are you suggesting that the system is considering the email id or phone numbers? Does it bring up on the hits list in GTS? The system should consider only those fields you have set up as part of address comparison.

If you want to see a different behavior where the system shouldn't consider any address changes on the document, try the setting "1 Status Check of Unchanged addresses" under check logic of docs setting. You can view it under "control settings for SPL screening"

Hope it helps!

Shrini

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member256034
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you have to write a coding that only screens the actual changes made in the document of the feedersystem.

Best regards,

Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kul

It seems to be right as you said. "" a manual change in ECC of any field will tag the document address as manually changed in GTS"".  I tested.. and the system is considering manual changes in ECC of all field in documents business partner address tab and blocks the document.

This partner is in spl list. But the screening does not seem to happen for fields email id , telephone no.

But when the same is changed.. system blocks the document...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kul

It seems to be right as you said. "" a manual change in ECC of any field will tag the document address as manually changed in GTS"".  I tested.. and the system is considering manual changes in ECC of all field in documents business partner address tab and blocks the document.

This partner is in spl list. But the screening does not seem to happen for fields -> email id , telephone no. But when any of these data are changed in the document BP address.. system blocks the document... I tested this and this is how I came to know the system is considering these changes also.. although i am not sure if email id / telephone data is screened against the SPL list..

ie. When I attempt to change the address data in document and save it.. it throws a back error from gts with blocked status popup.

And the control setting here is " Status check for unchanged addresses".  So I want to know what exactly status means.. does status mean "blocked or unblocked" or any other status?

Thanks

MGS

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi MGS,

If your partner is in SPL list, GTS anyways is going to block the document. Till now we were discussing on the assumption that the partner is not in SPL list and if you change partner address in document, GTS blocks it by default. There can be two reasons for this as i have explained in my 2nd post.

Now to answer your question about control setting "Status check for unchanged address", as i have mentioned earlier, i am yet to verify this behavior but as Shrini has mentioned,  this setting should not block the manually changed address by default.

Could you please test following two cases and share your findings please. I don't have system access otherwise i would have checked and confirmed. For both cases, Partner shouldn't be on SPL list.

1) Change Name to "Osama Bin Laden"

2) Change Name to anything which is not in SPL list. It could be your name as well.

Could you please share your findings. It will answer your last question or else Shrini can also pitch in to share his views. It would be worth taking screenshot of log for both cases in GTS as Shrini mentioned in his post.

regards,

Kul Vaibhav

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudesh,

Which screening scenario are you using? Synchronous or asynchronous? and which version of GTS?

Regards,

Kul Vaibhav