cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change delivery qty after cancelling partial goods receipt inbound delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I'm trying to set up a goods receipt from vendor flow in a WM-HU environment, using partial goods receipt, but unfortunately I'm experiencing an issue.

The flow is as follows:

• Create purchase order (ME21N)
  • Create inbound delivery (VL31N)
    • Create batch + pack goods into HUs
    • Create & confirm putaway TO per HU (this triggers the post goods receipt for the specific HU, the customizing allows the partial goods receipt (see attachment1))

Example of the problem:

• purchase order for 100PC
  • packed into 2 HUs of 50PC each
  • after confirming the putaway TOs (and thus posting the goods receipt, see attachment2) the warehouse operator notices that one of the HUs only contains 40PC
  • the delivery quantity therefore should be only 90PC instead of 100PC; and the HU qty of one of the HUs should be 40PC instead of 50PC
  • via VL09 I can select the material document I want to cancel (see attachment3).
  • the total goods movement status for the inbound delivery is now again 'B' (see attachment4).
  • I now unpack 10PC to become a HU of 40PC instead of 50PC (see attachment5).
  • until now everything goes as planned, but when I want to reduce the delivery qty from 100 PC to 90 PC (50 + 50 40), I get an error message (see attachment6).

Is there a way to get this flow working? I found SAP note 796053 - Quantity change after partial goods receipt, but that's only for older SAP systems.

All help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance for any input!

Kind regards,

Niels Loncke

Print screens:

Attachment1

Attachment2

Attachment3

Attachment4

Attachment5

Attachment6

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Apparently there is no negative and positive balance.

Inbound flow, HU is created for 50PC

• Create TO:
    • storage type 902 : -50PC
    • dest. bin: 50 PC
  • Confirm TO + post GR
    • storage type 902 : -50PC
    • dest. bin: 50 PC

Cancellation flow:

Cancelling the material doc via VL09 removes the 50 PC on the destination bin, so on that bin and storage type 902 the stock is zero.

Is this normal behaviour (in a WM Handling Unit environment)? Has this something to do with the fact that GR is allowed before TO confirmation (see print screen)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I do not see this should cause the problem. This checkbox allow you to perform GR w/o TO confirmation.

You still need to check what I specified in my earlier post, check it TR is created for cancelled document or not

BR

kamlakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamlakar,

No, there was no TR created for the material document (I checked it via LB11).

This is the material document of the cancellation:

So I think that follwing customizing is correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Its strange, why TR is not created? I have just checked in my system and TR is created when I cancelled mat document. Why system picked EPR? have you configured it in movement type 102?

May be debugging will help to know why TR is not creating and I guess problem you states is linked to this only

BR

kamlakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have no idea why no TR was created.

EPR was the destination storage type of the putaway TO: from 902 to EPR. Confirming this TO triggers the post GR.

Any other suggestions?

KR Niels

Former Member
0 Kudos

you may like to debug the issue with help if ABAPer

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this process, you did not reverse back putaway TO. Please create TO for material document which you have cancelled VL09. Though your total goods movement status is 'B' but WM status is till 'C'. Try to create TO for cancelled mat doc so that process will be reversed in WM too and then try

BR

Kamlakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kamlakar Gaikwad,

Thanks for your comment. Does this work in a WM setup in combination with handling units?

This is the document flow of my inbound delivery, containing 3 material documents:

1: post goods receipt handling unit 1

2: post goods receipt handling unit 2

3: cancellation post goods receipt handling unit 1

So for the third material document I tried to execute transaction LT06, unfortunately this didn't work:

How can I "select any data for the material document"? Wasn't this what you suggested me to do?

Thanks in advance.

Niels Loncke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niels

Yes, that is what I suggested. Please check if system created TR for cancelled mat document. Message which you are getting generally occurs in situation where storage location in mat document is not warehouse relevant or TR is not created (because of movement type is not assigned for TR creation).

Please check in MIGO transaction for material document in WM tab if you can see any TR number

BR

Kamlakar

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to what Kamlakar suggested you need to check whether the reversal movement type 102 is configured to create  TR or not

follow the path as mentioned in the below picture to cross verify

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use LT01 to complete the WM steps without a TR, just check your stock overview and move the positive balance into your interim bin with a negative quantity.

For the delivery quantity update check the "edit" drop down menu and select "copy put away quantities as delivery quantities" (after highlighting the relevant line item).

It would make sense to figure out why you cant create a T.O. with reference to your material document but it shouldn't be slowing down the receivers since it can be done without that.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

could you please share the stock placement tab from the screen 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manish Kumar,

Thanks for your reply, here are the print screens you askes for.

Also in this tab unfortunately I cannot change the 100PC into 90PC.

Kind regards,

Niels Loncke