cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two SAP MDG instance on one server, possible ?

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts :

Could you please help here understand that is this possible if we can have two different SAP MDG instance on one server and both of these instance are connected with differently running SAP ERP systems at different geographies.This depicts within Hub based approach.

If possible could there be any drawbacks to this approach.

Many Thanks in advance !

Best !
Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak

Why you need 2 MDG instances? Better keep 1 as hub and then use SMT mapping for replicating data to multiple SAP instances.

Kiran

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Kiran.

In order to make clear landscape for country specific contents along with less customization I wish to have two different SAP MDG instance on one server, Hope it is doable. Please let me know if you came across such scenario

Best !

Deep

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak

Just for reducing customization, one shouldn't opt for 2 mdg instances. In future you may end up in huge maintenance cost. What about the upgrade and patch update? How you will handle it? This would be extra cost.

Also in future if all the SAP instances are merged then no point of having 2 different instances for MDG.

This is what my opinion as I haven't seen such landscape yet.

Kiran

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deepak,

I agree with Kiran two instances will kill the very own purpose of MDG i.e. single source of Master data.

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran ,

I was just checking inline on below link.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3871604

Best !

Deep

Answers (0)