cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SCREEN PERSONAS 3.0: Can we know the error fields in a popup through scripting?

former_member285221
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi experts ,

Scenario:

In the SAP GUI screens, when a user clicks on the add an item button it opens a pop-up having certain input fields.

I have created similar looking input fields on the screen to avoid the popup.

In error cases ,the popup displays the fields which are incorrect in red color .Through scripting can we identify which were the error fields in the popup and highlight them in the custom input fields which i have created .

PFA screenshots

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

yes, in your script after you have pressed the continue button, check your stats message.

And if error is caught, then you can also make the field color red from the script.

Sushant

former_member285221
Discoverer
0 Kudos

There are multiple fields in the popup and the error message is generic it does not point to all the fields which have error ,but in the popup all the fields turn red which have incorrect value ,so is there an api through which we can know what all fields have error ?

0 Kudos

then why don't you just display the error message?

Error message already tells you which field is problematic. 

Copy the message from the status bar and paste into a label (put the font color of the label as RED)

former_member285221
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have already done that,i copied the error message and displayed it . As you can see in the above screen shot three text boxes in the popup turned red due to the error, i want to achieve the same.I want to know which text boxes turned red due to error through scripting and make the same in my fields. I want to know the api (if it exists) to know all the error fields in the popup.