Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SAP-SD]How to make open quantity non-editable in item selection

michaelhwang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a question need your help/advice.

In some business cases, we create sales order with reference to a quotation. In the screen of item selection, we want to make the column "Open quantity" non-editable while keep the column "Selection" selectable. As shown below:

As I know, there is one configuration point in the copy control of Header for Sales Document to Sales Document, which is "Complete reference". But if I mark this field, both columns "Selection" and "Open quantity" are non-editable. This is NOT what we're expecting. As shown below:

Is it possible to fulfilled this requirement only by configuration? If yes, how? If not, anything else should I do? User-exit, enhancement, screen enhancement, or something else?

Any comment or advice from you would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Michael Hwang

Mar 11, 2016

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael, i liked the way you explained your query. Now coming to the point as you know that complete reference indicator means that source document will be completely copied to the target document and you can't change anything so this is the standard behavior of the system. There are few ways around to achieve this requirement.

1. For your particular target sales document type create a transaction variant via SHD0 and set open reference quantity as display then assign the same variant in VOV8.

2. Hide open reference quantity field using table control but i'm not sure if you're okay in hiding it. Refer to below mentioned document for further settings.

3. In MV45AFZZ FORM USEREXIT_FIELD_MODIFICATION, you can set the logic with the help of your abaper to set ORFMNG to display sales document wise while copying from source document.

By the way why business wants this? I mean what's the issue in using complete reference option and if selection indicator is in display mode? Feel free to discuss in case you need any further help on this and if i missed something. Looking forward to your reply. Thanks.

michaelhwang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rehman,

Thanks for your reply.

After consideration, we fulfilled this requirement by modifying user-exit: MV45AFZZ, FORM USEREXIT_FIELD_MODIFICATION. As shown below:

The reason we don't use the "Complete reference" in Copy Control, is that we need to execute complete reference in item level instead of header level.

For example, there is a quotation with 3 items in it. And we need to create a Sales Order with complete reference to 2 of 3 items of this Quotation. Let's say, only item 10 and item 20 are selected for complete reference, while item 30 is deselected.

Thanks again for your help.

Michael Hwang

Mar 14, 2016

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael, thanks for explaining the requirement and also sharing the feedback. Good to know that your issue has been resolved. Stay blessed and happy week ahead.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can make the "Open Qty " Invisible as below:

Regards,

SRK

michaelhwang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for your reply.

We've fulfiled this requirement by modifying user-exit: MV45AFZZ, FORM USEREXIT_FIELD_MODIFICATION.

You can refer to my reply to Rehman for more details.

Michael Hwang

Mar 14, 2016