cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output Purchase Order from SRM / EBP as File (without XI)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI there,

I would like to be able to output the EBP Purchase Order in a file (preferably XML format, but main requirement is for no / little bespoke work to create the file format) to the vendor.

Without middleware, we are envisaging having to create an ABAP program to do the routing of the file (probably FTP), but ideally do not want to have to do loads of work to create a bespoke file format. Unfortunately it seems that BC and XI do the translation into SAP XML otherwise we could have intercepted the process after the file was created and sent it using our bespoke program.

We are on SRM 3.0, EBP 4.5 (extended classic scenario) and do not have XI. I have done quite a lot of research on this, but the standard scenario for outputting XML file assumes at least Business Connector (seen lots of information on how to set this up for BC or XI). I think we can download BC for free (or might have it from the original install discs), but am concerned that it is no longer supported.

My questions are really -

1) Is it advisable to use the Business Connector even though it is out of support?

2) If so, are there any licensing implications to use it?

3) Is there any other way of outputting the PO as a file from EBP without middleware (can't see the option to output iDoc as with R/3) and without having to do and maintain lots of bespoke mappings?

Your help on this would be much appreciated.....

Thanks

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

I heard the Business Connector is not out of support by SAP due to many many customer request, but I didn't find a link on SAP Net.

You can program a method to create IDocs, define an action that uses this method for POs in the output management of SRM and route the IDocs to the Business connector.

Hope that helps,

Karsten

Answers (0)