Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best-practice for retrieving and displaying large amounts of data in Web Dynpro

stefan_mahnke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

is there a best practice on how to retrieve big amounts of data (e.g. via RFC) and displaying it (almost) instantly?

I know the basic architecture of using non visual controllers as data suppliers, but my requirements go (I think) a bit further.

The preferred solution would be an asynchronous call of the data provider. While the data provider

(method in controller) is retrieving the data via RFC, the view is displaying the results that have been

received so far. Also a cancel button should be provided to stop the data provider method from providing.

As there is no two-way asynchronous eventing between view and controller or two controllers I have no clue if this is possible.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Regards Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

as far as I know. There is only one way to get asynchronous loading behavior in WD4J. At least in the SAP docs there are so called "Asynchronious Views" which can be integrated via "Application Container" --> Asynchronous Views - Developing Java Web Dynpro Applications - SAP Library.

Unfortunately there aren't any hints of how to use it. I was able to load an application in this container but it did not load asynchronous... So i opened a product error but SAP just told me that i'm using it wrong but did not tell me how to use it the right way... they said this would be an consulting issue and not a product error . Best strategy ever... introduce an feature but tell no one how to use it so you can get money for consulting . Maybe you have better luck than i had.

Regards,

Tobias

stefan_mahnke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

thanks for the feedback! I experienced the same problems but didn't yet opened an oss request.

I am still putting all my hopes on this community.

Regards Stefan

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, i guess you are lost then. Here is my thread about this issue --> How to use asynch Views? | SCN. Only chance is that a SAP developer will help us but maybe they do not know how to use it either ? Or you have to use UI 5 / any other script hell hype technology. There you are free to do what you want .

Regards,

Tobias

Answers (0)