cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit managment problem - Run RVKRED07 to solve it?

bettinasilveira
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys!

I have a problem with credit managment. Orders are not being blocked even if the limit is waaay reached.

I read that the solution is to run this report in order to recalculate all the credit values.

How often should we run this report in production environment? Every night? Every week?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Bettina

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

RVKRED77 should not be schedule as default

As default credit control calculation should work properly.

If You see that some costumer data are wrong, eg open orders value is not 0 even if all orders are delivered, then this program can clear the situation. 

bettinasilveira
Participant
0 Kudos

I check all the configuration, it looked OK and the credit control run for those orders.

But... I found a pattern here! The user sent me some cases, 5 different customers that passed the credit limit set in FD33 and the orders weren't blocked. All the customers with that problem had their credit limit modified from 1 euro to 1.000.000 or so in January and this issue started after that.

So I think that this may be the problem. They changed the credit limit and the data ended messed up and it allowed to create an order of 500.000 euros when thr credit limit it's 100.000.

What do you think? It's a possible explanation? Do you think that running this report just for this problematic customers could solve the problem?

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I check all the configuration, it looked OK and the credit control run for those orders.

Please provide the screenshots from the analysis from check_cm, if you wish to get high quality of answers.

How do you expect that forum members would know what is your setup, master data, additional developments etc. and help you?

Do you think that running this report just for this problematic customers could solve the problem?

No. You need to perform proper analysis, identify the root cause and based on that to search for a solution, (if a correction report is needed at all and not something completely different).

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have not mentioned what did you do as part of "analysis" of the issue. Did you check the configuration related to credit management?

For example, did you check the settings made in t.code OVA8? In this t.code you can maintain setting for blocking the sales document. Can you share what have been set here?

Regards,

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you absolutely sure that the solution to your problem is to schedule RVKRED07?

Where did you read that?

It is supposed to be used in very exceptional cases, the recommended approach is RVKRED77.

Even if your question was about RVKRED77, I would ask - why you need to schedule it?

Have you found the root cause and resolved the issue? If yes, then you need to run RVKRED77 once, not repeatedly.

RVKRED77 can run for a really long time, sometimes more than a day. Have you discussed that with your colleagues in charge of system administration?

If you have not found the root cause yet, maybe I can try to help:

• is the issue reproducible in a DEV/QAS environment?
  • could you post the result of check_cm program with such problematic order (it is beast to show a new document with no subsequent documents created).

Please, don't run RVKRED07, unless somebody from SAP support advised you to do that and even in such case I would question the reasoning. It can create additional inconsistencies in the productive environment, don't schedule it!