Did you mean: 

New Gatp Implementation without buying SCM

rahul_agarwal5
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi All

we got a client who has ecc but no APO.

he wants to go for Gatp

IS it now feasible to have it independet of APO my be on Hana ?

I Did not get any exact info on this.

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please refer consulting note

1875566 - APO on ERP:Release Note for SAP APO EHP3 on ERP 6.0 EHP6/7

There is PDF attached inside please go through it.

Also refer useful SAP help links,

SAP APO on SAP ERP - SAP Library

What's New in SAP ERP, Add-on for Embedded PP/DS - SAP Library

Best Regards,

R.Brahmnkar

rahul_agarwal5
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for information.

It really made things clear.

Also I found out -

• There is planned move APO PPDS and GATP functionalities to ERP in S4/HANA. (PPDS & GATP of APO : HANA has the capability of crunching complex algorithms as APO does using live cache and probably that is the rationale for providing APO features like PPDS (Production planning & detailed scheduling) and GATP (Global ATP) as a part of simple logistics running on HANA. Multi-level explosion (MATP) , Location & material substitution, advanced BOP are some of the key features of GATP. Document on Simple logistics released by SAP says that it will have substitution functionality, advanced BOP but not clear (as yet) whether it will have all the salient features of GATP)
rahul_agarwal5
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

DO you have any idea on the costing part. If a client is already on SAP ERP ECC6 EHP 7. Does he need to buy this Add In separately or it will be standard & only has to be enabled.

Any suggestions on setting up additional data ?

Regards,

Rahul

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As I know there should not be additional cost for Add on, however you should contact SAP for this.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Please refer to this thread if it helps 

Thanks, Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raka,

Probably you are trying to ask the question : "Does ECC HANA box has a strong tool for ATP check like that of GATP in SCM 7.0?"

The answer to that is probably not, because the new GATP tool is being put under the release sub-module of SAP-IBP, so if they want it, they would have to hook the HANA-ECC box to IBP.

The new HANA ECC box might have a better HANA based ATP check (which could be better than the  ATP check of plain old ECC) however someone who had user experience of HANA-ECC-ATP and IBP-ATP could better comment on this.

Thanks