cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPL Processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone explain in basic terms as possible the purpose of each of these programs used in SPL processing?  I understand that these are executed after an XML file is received from our 3rd party supplier of the Sanctioned Party List?

1. /SAPSLL/SPL_CUS_APP_BUFF_RESET
  2. /SAPSLL/SPL_CREATE_SEARCHTERMS
  3. /SAPSLL/SPL_INDEX_CREATE
  4. /SAPSLL/SPL_CREATE_SEARCHTADRC
  5. /SAPSLL/CHECK_SCEN_C1M_LO

For example, what I need to know is:

In  1) What is the "application buffer"?  Where can it be seen?

In  2) What are "searchterms"?  Can a list of search terms be seen?

In  3) What is the "index"?

In 4) What is the "search terms for address"?

In 5) What is the purpose of this step?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Wardell,

I will try to answer some of your queries if not all. I will try to keep it simple however before I go to your specific queries, let me brief you about some basics which will help you to understand better.

Application buffer is basically used to enhance the system performance by storing some frequently used data in buffer or internal memory which allows a program to response faster by not requiring to query database every time, instead it takes the needed information from this internal memory called application buffer which helps to boost system performance.

GTS doesn't compares the address directly but it compares it's search terms or comparison terms. As a prerequisite it is important that all the address elements like name, street, city, country etc. are broken down into small search terms or comparison terms which can be used in address comparison later. Search term is created for both business partner address and SPL address.

An index is nothing but a collection or combination of all these search terms after aggregation.

Now coming to your specific questions:

1) as explained above. I don't think we can see application buffer data but someone can correct me here. Resetting application buffer ensures that all the old data has been removed and fresh data can be written over it so that new settings can take effect.

2) as explained above, every address element will be broken down into small search terms as per system settings. We can see the search terms in following tables:

a) for SPL name - /SAPSLL/TSPLNK

b) for SPL address - /SAPSLL/TSPLAK

3) as explained above. In this step, system stores the comparison/search terms in application buffer and/or cluster tables depending upon customizing settings. You can see the index in table /SAPSLL/APPIDX

4) as explained above, searh term is created for both SPL address and business partner address. This transaction is used to create search terms for business partner address which helps to boost system performance. We can see search terms for business partner in table - /SAPSLL/ADRCMP

5) After we have received a delta file form data provider, it is important to screen all the existing business partners against this delta list. This will ensure that your system remains complaint and updated with recent changes in denied party list. This program is used to screen business partners against delta SPL.

All these steps should be executed after we receive a delta file from third party content provider or if some changes are made in SPL customizing.

I hope above explanation helps and gives you some more insight on this topic.

Regard,

Kul Vaibhav

Answers (0)