cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying a data foundation(including all it's tables and join conditions) from one project to the other

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

What I want to do is: I wanna create a multi-source data foundation by means of an existing data foundation and a new added table from the other source.

So,how can I copy existing data foundation to new project including it's Tables+ all it's join conditions and table connections??

P.s I know it's possible to copy a DF,but Defining all the table join conditions and connections is a frustrating process and I don't want to do this rework.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found a simple trick to get this case done,let me share it with you;

all you need is this:

-Retrieve existing universe from server into a local project.

-Add relational connection for the second table

-In the local project select imported data foundation in the first step and go to Connection tab,select Change Connection and select created relational connection.

-Now you can simply insert requested tables from second connection to imported data foundation and at final you can create your business layer by selecting modified DF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Were you able to connect to multiple connections. Because if you change the connection of existing data foundation to new connection then it will point only to that connection. Does your original tables exist in both the databases (old n new connection?)

Becaz i have not found any option to change single source DF to multi source DF

Former Member
0 Kudos

You even don't need the original tables to be existed in the same databases.

All you need is passing previous mentioned steps-changing  the connection(as picture)-adding your appropriate tables from second connection and then bring it back to the default connection.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ebi,

Check this out:

Conversion of Single source Universe (.unx) to Multi-source

Thanks,
Mahboob Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Mahboob,

As you might checked you could easily copy all the tables from one data foundation to the others,but it seems copying joins is not possible even by selecting all of them by means of CTRL button.

I followed exactly above mentioned method,but at final I just able to copy the tables not joins.

Does anyone else had the same exprinece?

You're so welcome to share anything in this open thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have aliases in your DF then it will copy only tables not the joins.

So select all the base tables and joins associated them, then try to do copy paste.

Remaining all aliases you can copy paste after the base tables but you need to create joins manually.

Lets wait if anyone suggests any better option.