cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Can not access 'StopInstance' hook command in LVM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to SAP LVM,I have installed LVM 2.1 and configure.I am getting below error when i am trying to stop one of the connected sap system.

As per error please clarify below.

1)what are entries for sap_control.sh

2)please give one example scripts for user exits

error:

Error occured when trying to stop instance. (RemoteException: 'Can not access 'StopInstance' hook command executable '/usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/sap_control.sh': No such file or directory')

thanks,

Prakash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193371
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Prkash,

please check that you have the current Host Agent version and check

Configuring SAP Host Agent - SAP Landscape Virtualization Management 2.1, Enterprise Edition - SAP L...

If everything is correct, please open a ticket.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael for your response.

I have instaaled latest SAP host agent (721 patch 10) ,my question is sap_contral.sh

is not avilable in /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe.

Can you plz let me know sap_control.sh file will come automatically with sap hist agent?? or we need to create?

if it need to create by us ,please let me know the sample scripts of sap_control.sh

Thanks,

Prakash

0 Kudos

Hello Prakash,

to me it seems like you have tried to implement a Host Agent Hook for the given operation you are describing. As this hook relies on a script (sap_control.sh) which is not present SAP LVM tells you that this Host Agent hook won't work. Nothing like this comes from neither the SAP Host Agent or SAP LVM itself.

To perform the given operations check your Host Agent's host_profile and hooks.d and evaluate the behavior after deleting this Host Agent hook.

When extending SAP LVM installations always try to work with SAP LVM Extensibility (Custom Hooks and Custom Operations) first. If the actions performed in your "sap_control.sh" are needed create an SAP LVM hook as described within the linked document and the further material linked at the end.

Best regards,

Andreas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

I tried to stop and start one of ABAP system and it was successfull,but when i am trying   to stop any JAVA system its giving sap_control.sh not found error.

Please let  me know if any one face this issue.

Thanks,

Prakash