Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read/Write HANA Procedure call in Webi / calculation view

prafful_agrawal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I have implemented business desired logic in read/ write procedure where we are inserting / updating the record in a table.

We don't want to schedule / manually trigger the procedure .

Now the problem here is that i am not able to consume the read/write procedure in a calculation view / Webi (free hand sql as a source).

As i learnt that, Calculation views are designed for data extraction . Not allowed to call any write enabled procedures , or update statements inside a calculation view..

How can i directly consume  the procedure for display the desired result?

Which information model can allow to consume read/write procedure?

Procedure Trigger should be happened as & when data is reading from application ?

Please suggest.

Regards

PA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SergioG_TX
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PA,

you are correct.. a view cannot trigger a procedure to write into the DB. you will need to have to call a procedure that returns the data that you need.. and if needed to call a separate proc to do the read/write then you may have to do that within the body of your called procedure.

seems like you could do the following:

1) call the stored proc

2) within the stored proc

a) call proc for read/write

b) call calc view and return it as an output param

hope this helps

prafful_agrawal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

Thanks for your reply.

I am not sure about reply but i need to execute 1 procedure of read/write without manual/schedule effort.

i have checked even if i can create read/only procedure as wrapper but it doesn't allows me.

Business requirement is to capture the delta (last time stamp - current time stamp) as & when reporting user access the report.

Regards

PA