Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soft block (SPL)

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Can someone please explain what a soft block (in SPL) means and why it occurs?

Thanks,

Satish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

As far as I understand, soft block comes in a business partner or document if it has not gone through initial screening for some reason. Try to run A2 scenario and see what happens.

Regards,

Kul Vaibhav

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kul,

Asynchronous screening is not configured for us so A2 is inapplicable. The log for the document shows the following:

Partner's address was changed manually.

According to entries in table VBPA (in ERP), Address indicator is E - ADRC address entered in document manually.

Thanks,

Satish

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks but manual address change doesn't necessarily mean that document will go in soft block. In this case, system does rescreening and gives the result as released (green) or blocked (red).

Although asynchronous screen is not configured, there is no stopping in running A2 scenario manually. Because I believe other screening scenario will not work if there is a soft block on the document.

Regards,

Kul Vaibhav

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kul,

A2 is not picking up any documents. Is there any other way (or scenario) where I can screen such documents in the background and release them. Most of them are not real blocks.

Thanks,

Satish

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

That's strange! It's A2 scenario which screens these documents and gives a result whereas other scenario doesn't work here.

I assume you have entered the selection criteria correctly. If this is the case, whats the error you are getting?

You can schedule A2 screening in background as well.

Regards,

Kul Vaibhav

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kul,

The selection screen is correct. I think A2 is behaving as expected because asynchronous is not configured so there are no documents to screen.

The message is

Unable to select any data (see long text)

Message No. /sapsll/con_spl_ster026

Thanks,

Satish

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

In that case I hope someone else will be able to help you here.

Btw, there are no separate settings for asynchronous screening. In exceptional cases like this, we should be able to use asynchronous screening. At least it has worked for me in the past in one of such case.

P.S. - Which version of GTS you are using?

Regards,

Kul Vaibhav

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Satish,

If I try to troubleshoot, I have 2 questions here:

1) Why processing status of your document is red?

2) what's the SPL block status of business partner used in your document?

This is because system first checks status of business partner in the document and undergo re-screening only if address is manually changed in the document. If your business partner is also in soft block status then you can first re-screen business partner using A1 screening or you can use transaction code /SAPSLL/SPL_CHSB1MLO to re-screen business partner, as you are already on version 10.1. Later you can try to re-screen the document if this is the case.

hope this helps.

thanks,

Kul Vaibhav

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kul,

1) It is red due to the SPL status (soft block). Embargo & legal control are green.

2) business partner is not blocked in transaction BP (in GTS)

Even if I run transaction /sapsll/spl_chsb1mlo, it will block the delivery because it has an address change so is the soft block really only for address changes?

Thanks,
Satish

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Satish,

Soft block is not for address change.

Soft block is only relevant for asynchronous screening when a business partner or document has not gone through initial screening or you may say has not processed yet.

Even if you have setup your system for synchronous screening, system performs A1, A2 screenings only, automatically for a new or changed business partner and document respectively.

In case you have setup your system for asynchronous screening, the only difference is that you have to call these screenings manually or via batch job.

As far as I can recall right now, general status of document are always green before it starts screening process I.e. Processing status is 'available for processing' and technical mapping is 'complete'.

Secondly I suggest you to check BP SPL status by running S1 scenario.

Thanks,

Kul Vaibhav

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

At least, it is good to know, that address change is not causing the block thanks

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kul,

Please look at this config in my QA,  isn't this asynchronous? My dev has synchronous that's why I was confused. Could this be the reason? If yes, this gives rise to another question. the 633* number is STO delivery

For customer delivery (which is also EXDLV1), I don't run into soft blocks so I'm confused why the behavior is different for same item category.

Thanks

Satish

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Yes, that's the setting for asynchronous screening for documents. So the way I can explain this behaviour is:

As I told earlier, system does status check vs new screening. Since you have manually changed the address in this scenario, system tried to perform new screening but since document item category is configured for asynchronous screening, system has parked the document with soft block.

You just change the address manually for customer delivery with same settings, it should run into soft block as well.

Regards,

Kul Vaibhav

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kul,

That does help, thank you. I changed the address manually in sales order related delivery and it went on soft block too. It appears that soft block is caused by a combination of asynchronous and manual address change, can you confirm, please?

Thanks,
Satish

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Yes, your understanding is correct. If you have configured asynchronous screening scenario and address is changed manually, system will park the document with soft block and will wait for your action to run A2 scenario manually or through batch job.

If system was configured for synchronous screening, it would have given result immediately.

regards,

Kul Vaibhav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shrinivas_hosmani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Two cents, do the screening of the BP using A1 and re-do the screening of the document using A2. If the system doesn't pick up the business partner with A1 screening, do the screening of the BP against the entire SPL using B1 and follow the document screening by B2. The version of 10.1 should allow you to release the document using A2 as suggested by Kul. Refer to KBA 1889911 which details about soft blocks.

Hope it helps!

-Shrini

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shrini,

Thanks for your response, Kul's explanation has the answer. Do you or Kul suggest changing it to synchronous? I think that makes more sense in my business.

Thanks,
Satish

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

it really depends upon business process and requirement. Generally if volume of business partner creation/change is huge, it makes sense to use asynchronous screening and screen them periodically via batch job, for performance reasons. In other cases, synchronous is generally preferred as it gives immediate results.

regards,

Kul Vaibhav