cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Status in Engineering Change Request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am going for User Ststus for ECR. I created a status Profile and assigned 4 status to it. But when I create ECR I am not able to reflect the respective status like the System status. I am able to select only one user status thru radio box and same is reflecting in the User status.

I am getting all the system statuses, but only one User status only slected in the User status.

Settings are maintained in Status Profile & Selection Profile.

Your suggestions are required on this concern.

Thanks & Regards,

Venu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rehmanji,

Here we have a process called RFC - Request for Change/Modification. Currently followed in form which contains 11 levels of approval. When it comes to SAP, in ECR I am attaching this RFC form as Business Document for reference to have details of the change.

When it comes Approval Considering 11 levels I want to define the 11statuses one after one.

I am sure that we can't change System statuses, therefore these 11 statuses are required as user statuses.

Pls let me know how can we achieve these 11 statuses one after one for the respective System statuses.

I maintained Status Profile, selection profile, But in ECR when I select the radio box of particular user status, it is overwriting the ealier user status in the User status box under the System status box. So I am able to see only one user status which ever is selected.

Let me know whether setting to be changed?

Regards,

Venu

jens_schmid4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venu.

It looks like you want to create a User Status without a number. If you leave out the numbers in the status profile configuration, your status will appear with a checkbox. The numbering system is to give indenture numbers for statuses.

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jens Schmid,

It works. User Status is inline with System status. one million thanks to you.

Regards,

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Do you need all 11 Status to be in DIR or ECR or together with ECR&DIR, please clarify.

If you require only in DIR you can create 11 Statuses and addtional tab with 11 fields are 11 positions statuses to get captured with proper authorizations.

Or

If only in ECR 11 Status are required u have 6 status for header & 3 Status at Object level i.e. 9 statuses for another 2 statuses you can use user status but the problem is you must define the authorization key

When you define & create Status Profile in "BS02" you see there a "Auth.Code" u need to give the Authorization key & under that you need to select Business Transaction i.e. allowed or warning etc this is required.

Regards

Rehman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rehmanji,

My requirement is Option2 i.e.

I need these 11 statuses in ECR. As currently RFC form is having 11 levels of Approval. Same thing they want to continue for ECR in User statuses. Some of the Levels in 11 levels can have same authorization for ECR interms of Completing ECR, Converting ECR.

I maintained 11 User statuses with out Status number based on the position & priority. Controlled the statuses thru authorization group.(Business Transactions)

Its working for ECR. But I have problem when I gone for User Status with Status Number where Radio box option is available, Instead

Status with out Status number is serving my purpose for ECR.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Regards,

Venu.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

what is the scenario for which you created your own statuses, as the standard ECR/ECO statuses along with Object level Statuses can be used for any kind of scenario and process flow.

If you give the detail scenario probably i shall help you in detail.

Regards

Rehman