Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Overwrite Forecast GUID by interactive run

sagarmali08
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are generating and assigning Forecast GUID though Batch jobs.

Forecasting strategy is used as Automatic model selection 2.

As we are using strategy as Automatic ,correct Model is selected and Forecast GUID is generated.

While taking an interactive run the GUID generated in background is picked but if we save the data after interactive run, new GUID is created.

I want to use GUID generated in background to be saved and no New GUID creation while saving the results after interactive run.

Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks,

Sagar 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sagar

PRPFL_NOTSA2 Summary:

/SAPAPO/PRPFL_NOTSA2 protects both the master forecast profile and the univariate forecast profiles so no changes can be made under any circumstances.  It still allows saving an existing profile to a Selection. The system will no longer save generated (GUID) profiles, so if you set the /SAPAPO/FCST_GUIDS parameter simultaneously no GUIDs are saved (that parameter is ignored).

PRPFL_NOTSAV Summary:

/SAPAPO/PRPFL_NOTSAV When set, assignments of selections to master forecast profile cannot be changed.  When you exit with the green arrow back, changes to the master fc profile are not saved, but the results of the manually run changes are saved.  You can circumvent changes to the maser fc profile by clicking the save Master Profile button

Parameters are set with SU3 (own) or SU01 (everyone).  Also note that do not need to log out or even create a new session for parameter to take place.  Recommended that you back out to main menu though.

Hope this will help to solve the issue

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar You can read more from SAP Note   350065 - Consultation: User parameters in forecast environment Thank you Satish Waghmare

sagarmali08
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thank you for the response.

I checked with your suggestion. With this i am not able to Save GUID.

Our requirement is to save Forecast GUID interactively but it should overwrite GUID Generated in Batch Jobs and not create a new one.

Thanks,

Sagar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar;

Please visit the attached file which might solve your problem of creating the GUID when running the forecast Interactively.

After looking your problem I collected many data steps to provide the input to the Issue.

Try to follow the screen execution steps what the attachment states.

I guess so it resolves the Issue.

Regards;

AravaSantosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sagar,

In the interactive forecasting screen, go to Settings-> Forecast profile and select the 'Save assignment of selection for forecast profile'. This will ensure that the GUID does not change after you take an interactive forecast run.

Do try this option and let us know if it worked for you.

Regards,

PN