cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote connection using SAProuter and Service Connector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

What I am trying to do is to connect to an SAP system of a client of ours.

This is what I have found out and what works -

I found out that for such a scenario a SAProuter and the Service Connector somewhow come into play. I worked with the SAProuter and could connect to a test IDES system in our company with the following router string -

/H/<localsystem_where_SAProuter_is_running>/H/<IP_of_IDES>/S/3200

This basically means that I would have to connect my SAProuter with the client's SAProuter and the client router would then pass on my connection to their SAP system like this -

/H/<mySAProuter>/H/<clientSAProuter>/S/<port_client_SAProuter>/W/<client_password_if_specified>

When this connection is established, I can access the client's SAP system through a SAPGui (Windows or Java) from my side using the connection string as specified above.

If this works, why do I need a service connector? What would it's function be?

Another question being - I have been told that a connection can also be established by using a connection from us to SAP and then from SAP to the client's SAP system (this has been suggested by the client). Where does this scenario fit in? If it is indeed possible, what do I need to do to make such a connection work?

I would appreciate it if someone answers who has actually worked on such a situation.

Bye!

Sameer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rolfc_weber
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Yes basically you are right, but i think you have to add the IP of the client system with an additionally /H/.... as you did with your IDES system.

Additionally the saprouttab of both saprouters have to be maintained as well, to allow traffic to pass trough. (Read the saprouter installation documentation found on service marketplace on this). And of curse there must be a technical network connection between both saprouters.

The service connecter is as i know only a utility that allows SAP to open a connection automatically from there side to the customer side, so that you don't have to do this manually. Therefore i don't think you have to use it in your setup.

If SAP would allow connections through there network (one customer / client to another customer / client) I don't think....but maybe another can answer this one for sure...

Hope I could help

Regards

Rolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Rolf!

Thanks for taking the time for answering! I have also recieved a few pointers from others about the problem. Their answers and yours have helped me quite a bit

In the meanwhile, I have also found that it may in fact be possible for us to establish a connection to the client using the SAP Marketplace as a stepping stone - we open a connection to SAP and the client does the same. Our connection can then be passed on to the client using SAP's servers. I am still not sure how it can be done but I think I will get more information today regarding that.

Thanks for answering again!

Sameer

rolfc_weber
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Glad to hear, I could help a little....

If you get an answer / procedure on how the connection through SAP is done, it would be nice posting it.

Maybe it could be usable for others (me including) to know how its done, if connections of this kind should be created.

Thanks in advance.

Rolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Rolf,

I will definitely post anything I find here regarding the problem.

Thanks again for the help!

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rolf,

Just to tell you, the use of the service marketplace as a stepping stone to connect to other SAP systems is not possible.

I had a document which I understood wrongly and thought that this is indeed possible.

I looked at the SAP Cryptographic Library thing and will let you know if the license problem will work out.

Bye,

Sameer