cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompleteness procedures: Why would you use status group 00 and 01?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SDN community,

I am working with large SAP customers worldwide to improve the business processes they have implemented in SAP ERP.

One thing I come over very frequently is, that incompleteness procedures for Sales Items includ fields which have status group 00 or status group 01 assigned. -> Fields have been classified as mandatory, even no processing is prevented.

This often leads to the situation that this fields are not field by end users, the Sales items / documents can be completely processed, but entries in table VBUV remain untill the Sales Documents are archived.

This leads to performance problems with the incompleteness procedures.

What I have never been able to really figure out in any of this customer projects is: Why?

Why would you classify a field as mandatory in the incompleteness procedures if the corresponding document can be processed completely and you are anyway not expecting anybody to fill this field?

Is there any technical dependency I am missing?

Or is it just our believe that end users will fill this field and the missing awareness on the interdependency with performance?

I would very much appreciate your insight and examples of when you have used status group 00 and status group 01.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Or is it just our believe that end users will fill this field and the missing awareness on the interdependency with performance?

Not a problem at all. Running V.00 (or any of the transactions similar to this one) is part of the list of daily/weekly/monthly tasks assigned to different teams, so the users are aware that they should process these documents.

As to your client, I do not really know what are their processes, the number of incomplete documents within a specific period and the impact of not completing them in a certain time-frame, so it is hard to advise which team and how often should review and process documents generally incomplete.

In all cases, it would be a good idea to check whether incomplete document processing was part of the regular tasks of any specific team, with what selections, etc.

If it was not part of anybody's responsibilities, then the business needs to decide which would be the most appropriate role for each specific case.

If this processing was expected to be performed regularly, but it did not happen, I would wonder what other activities they could have skipped. It seems worth investigating further.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
examples of when you have used status group 00 and status group 01.

Sabine,

When a document is incomplete, because some data is missing, SAP has divided it into below categories -

You might want to

1. "label" that document is incomplete

2. one & stop the creation of a subsequent document

00 and 01 are purely for 1

For example, field PO number if not filled then the order is incomplete. User should be notified with a warning message. But the creation of the order and subsequent documents should not be impacted. This is an optional piece of information for the business, for that process. In this case we use 00 or 01 status group.

PS - IMG notes at incomplete node and Glynn C Williams have explained this too. You might want to have a read.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabine

I  had the same question 2 years back . I found the link which explained me behavior.

Hope this will help you too .

Please find the link below.

http://michael.romaniello.co/sap-mandatory-sales-order-texts/

Regards

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I have read the article, but for me it still does not answer why.

I understand that status group 00 seems to be applied as default and that it might be difficult for people to find this setting, but does that mean that it is just to complicated to understand and therefore a lot of SAP consultants are not aware what they are doing?

Sabine