Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBLOOKUP is not returning Correct Value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are on GRC 10.0 and SP 21.

We have a requirement that some Risk say, F005 should be considered only for Country  India (IN) and not for America(US). We have created a custom attribute Z_COUNTRY for storing Country Data.

And once the request gets created, all the Request Information (Including Z_COUNTRY) gets stored in GRACREQ Table.

We have also created Mitigation Policy BRF+ Application to cater the above requirement. We are doing the following :-

1. We have created a DBLOOKUP Expression ZGet_Country which gets Z_COUNTRY variable from GRACREQ for the current request. Below is the definition of ZGet_Country

2.  We are using the Expression ZGet_Country to check if the Location mentioned in Request is IN or US so that Mitigation Policy can be applied accordingly. PFB the screen shot which shows the usage of ZGet_Country.

MIT Policy 1=Yes and 2=No

Problem being Faced : ZGet_Country is not returning right value. When I did the Simulation at Function level (Z_MIT_POLICY function)  I found that the DBLOOKUP Expression ZGet_Country was returning Null Value. So to troubleshoot it I passed the REQ_ID manually ( See Below ) and it worked fine. So I believe the problem is with the REQ_ID being fetched by the DBLOOKUP expression.

Can anyone comment on this and help?

Thanks.

Regards,

Fazil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nabhish_saxena
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Fazil,

Simulate your function with showing the results for intermediate steps (option is available in the simulation mode). Check if the BRF+ field you are using for DB Lookup where condition has value populated in it when the DB Lookup expression is called.

That way you will get to know the root cause of the issue. In case this variable is blank, track back to find the position where it should have been populated with the correct values.

Thanks,
Nabhish

former_member226273
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Fazil,

are you Checking REQ_ID against the request ID from Request header?

Kind regards,

Yashasvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yashasvi and Sammukh,

Thanks a lot for your replies. Yes I am checking the REQ ID (Of Table GRACREQ) against REQ_ID of the Context Parameter.

PFB the screen shot.

Thanks,

Regards,

Fazil

former_member226273
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Fazil,

REQ_ID in request header has prefix " ACCREQ/ ". Please try eliminating first 7 characters from REQ_ID and then compare.

Kind regards,

Yashasvi

former_member204479
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fazil,

What is the field that you are checking the REQ_ID against?

The screen shot does not give the full name.

Thanks

Sammukh