Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set minimum mark for bin article replenishment

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are multiple article in the same bin.

How can I set the minimum quantity for the article in the bin such that, if the article falls below the minimum quantity in the bin, it would trigger a bin replenishment for that article.

Each article has its own minimum quantity.

In addition, I also need to set the maximum quantity so that during bin replenishment, it would move in quantity to top up till the maximum quantity set for the articles in the bin.

Different article has different maximum quantity assigned.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim/Colin,

Bets option to achieve this to use custom program. I got the same requirement from my client a year ago. Custom program was used where, in material master WM1 view we have used the capacity usage field for minimum order qty to replenish as well as when creating TO there was logic built for sorting LQUA table in descending order of Available qty. Hope this somehow helps you and give an idea of goiong forward.

Regards,

Pritt

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working with an existing Z program.

The only setback is User is asking to allow to set Minimum quantity for different type of article so that it can run automatically.

I will look deeper into the option of using the capacity field.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using that field in my case does not imply that you have to use the same field.You may use different one as per your convenience. Another point to add, if you are using batch management then old batch/new batch logic also can be implemented if  client has any requirement of course.

Regards,

Pritt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This scenario is practically not possible as if you set the maximum quantity for one article might be the another article you receive at the same time upto the maximum quantity , which you wont be able to store operationally in the same bin. What is your basis to define the min and max quanity for the article