Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass collection of Calculation views in Change requests

shyam_uthaman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to collect around 400 calculation views which are in 4 different sub packages of the same root package.

The delivery unit was just created and hence none of them are in a change request right now.

Is there a way to mass collect these views by packages or any better way to do this than activating things and waiting for the change request window to pop up each time?

I have access to the Life cycle management as well.

Regards,

Shyam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shyam,

what transport tool you are using, HALM or CTS+?

In both cases you can "transport" complete delivery units. If the repository packages containing the views are assigned to DUs you can transport all views by transporting the DUs.

Regards,

Florian

shyam_uthaman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using HALM. But transporting DUs would transport even the test objects as well right?

Can I exclude some packages and objects?

Regards,

Shyam

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the test objects are part of the packages containing the objects to be transported then yes.

A good practice is to separate test objects from the other objects by different packages. With that structuring it is possible to avoid the transport of test objects with DU by just not assigning the packages with test objects to the DU.

shyam_uthaman
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah they are in another sub package. In the HLM browser, I see only a create and edit button for transport requests.

How do I collect these packages there?

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The assignment of packages is done for a DU (HOME -> Delivery Units -> Assign Packages). Then you have to create a transport (TRANSPORT) and assign the DU.

muthuram_shanmugavel2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Please go for Package level activation.

In activation window, Select all the models under this Package and click Activate Button.

Then Change Request Pop-up will be opened. Select the Existing CR or Create New CR.

You can collect all the Models in one Package in one Change Request @ Single shot

shyam_uthaman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks. But everything inside there is already active and inactive objects don't show up in the activation list.

Also, redeploy doesn't ask for a change request.

Regards,

Shyam

muthuram_shanmugavel2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Ok Ok fine. 

Then I feel it could be done by BASIS team only using hdblcm tool.

Regards,

Muthu