cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Upgrade of BEx Broadcaster 3.x tools possible on SM 7.1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We currently use Solution Manager 7.1 SPS 13 to report on compliance of our SAP production systems. These reports can be emailed to users via the BEx Broadcaster 3.x tool. The most effective methodology is emailing a link to the report. We would like to utilize the functionality of the BEx Broadcaster 7.0, which adds PDF, XLS, etc. to the mix. Can we upgrade that tool locally? Or do we need to point to our BW/Portal landscapes to enable that functionality? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tony

According to help.sap.com it sounds like it should already be present:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm70/helpdata/en/44/0434e34d956039e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

In SAP NetWeaver 7.0, both the SAP BW 3.x and the SAP NetWeaver 7.0 versions of the BEx Broadcaster are shipped.

Best regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tom for the quick response. Unfortunately, the experience I'm having using the NW 7.0 portion when calling the TA 'RSRD_ADMIN'(Broadcaster) from the abap layer calls the BEx 3.x tool on the BI_CONT end. It certainly appears with the language you noted that those tools would be on-board. No one wants that more than me.

My general process to create my report is from SM_WORKCENTER > Root Cause Analysis > Configuration Validation > Report Execution > Reporting Templates ...from there I select my 'Reference System' and 'System Comparison' and 'Operator Validation Report - 0TPL_0SMD_VCA2CITEMS_REF (Shows all config) > Start Operator Validation Reporting'. This generates a web browser with the desired report. From here you can choose to 'distribute by email'. This will launch the BEx 3.x Broadcaster. I can save my report here. To utilize the NW 7.0 portion of these tools I am using TA 'RSRD_ADMIN'. There I can see my report and it even offers me the PDF and XLS options, which I want. However, when I launch the report or try to 'edit' the email it kicks me back into BEx 3.x. And all emails automatically sent from there revert to the 'web link' being sent from BEx 3.x by email, instead of an XLS, or PDF. I do not know of another place to generate this report.

I have gone through the SPRO settings and keep running into issues the forced BEx 3.x format.

I'm just wondering how to activate this BEx 7.0 Tools functionality.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Tony