Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legal Regulation in GTS

former_member1111576
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

When i create the STO from AUS plant to NZ Plant ( inter company STO). I can see 3 legal regualtion determined in the GTS . i would like to understand how the legal regulation determined in GTS. for example few case only 2 legal regulation getting determined.

I have check in country groups where Australia assigned to 10 groups and these groups assigned to 8 legal regulation. but only 3 getting determined in the document.

Can you please help me to understand. I have gone through below link still got confused.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_gts10/helpdata/en/4c/8e1cf26fea3d86e10000000a42189e/content.htm

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member1111576
Participant

I have setup the configuration and understood the functionality.. thanks for all ur input.

the legal regulation determined based on the country of destination and departure plant country.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

AmarnathSubudhi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

Please follow below steps to understand how 3 legal regulation were determined in your system

1. To determine legal regulation to particular application area system looking for determination procedure assign to it (Example: EAR)

2. In General setting under active legal regulation strategy assign to determination procedure i.e. ALRG01 determine the legal regulation at country level (departure country)

3. Find destination country (example: US) --> Go-to BP (SH) to see the destination country: RU

4.Whatever the legal regulation active for destination country in the configuration will appear here (SPRO >> IMG >> GTS >> Legal control >> Activate legal regulation >> EAR

• System found determination procedure: LELDT (in your example) which is assign in the legal regulation EAR
former_member1111576
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Kul Vaibhav .

I am checking about Legal regulation ( license determination). In my case i have activated Legal determination procedure. In the attached screen shot, i can see 3 legal regulation determined. Am trying to understand how this 3 getting determined. ( EAR,XYZ,ABC) .  In country group, AUS mapped with many LR.

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Can you attach screenshots of determination strategy for LELDT and definition and activation of legal regulation EAR, ABC and XYZ, so that I can help you further.

Regards,

Kul Vaibhav

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

it depends upon how you have configured your system. I presume your document types and item categories are already activated for required services like SPL, Embargo, Legal etc.

Once this is done, you need to define and activate Legal Regulation. It can be defined and activated at following levels (e.g. for Exports)

1) Country of Departure

2) Country of Departure/ Country of Destination

You can use Country Groups to simplify the configuration required. The activation of legal regulation is done at individual service level.

Once you have defined and activated the legal regulation, you need to define "Determination Procedure for Active legal regulation where you maintain determination strategies, partner groups used for determination and determination rule. Then you need to assign this determination strategy at individual service level.

Active Legal Regulation picked in a transaction depends upon this determination strategy. For instance, if you have activated legal regulation at Country Group level but you have defined determination strategy at Country level in determination procedure, legal regulation wont be picked up.

hope this helps!

P.S. - The link you have shared points to License Determination. That's a different ball game altogether.

regards,

Kul Vaibhav