cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with item number in table MSR_D_EXECUTED for multiple returns (split items)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I have an issue getting the item number for a credit memo created in MIRO for multiple returns (customer direct ship to Vendor) of an item in table MSR_D_EXECUTED.

I have created order, delivery , invoice and complaint.

I created the advanced return with follow up action '0007'(customer direct ship to vendor)

then I created 2 credit memos in MIRO for the return PO (449XXXXXXX).

1st credit memo with quantity 8 and the next one with quantity 2.

For both credit memos. entries created  in table MSR_D_EXECUTED with item number 000010  (NOT 000020 for the 2nd credit memo).

I would like to find out a user exit or BADI  where I can write the code to update a custom table ZMSR_D_EXECUTED

with the correct item number for the 2nd item to resolve the issue.

Can anyone help me to find the user exit or BADI for this requirement.

thanks

SK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here question arises that why you've created 2 credit memos why you haven't created one single credit memo with reference to your PO in that case system will create the line items like you desired. Please feel free to elaborate in case if i missed something. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response. Sorry for getting back to you late.

I had another critical issue to work on.

This is a situation where vendor entered the quantity wrong in the credit memo and creates another credit memo with the balance quantity. This happens for several vendors in many times so our client wants us to handle it through enhancement if possible.

Please let me know if anyone has an idea how to handle this.

thanks

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kanaga, mention not and please have a look at OSS notes 418683 - BAPI_PO_CREATE1: Item numbers external/internal

and 1885570 - BAPI_PO_CREATE1 - Item number is incorrect when create PO which has item with more than 9 ...

Hint is already there, you just have to be smart enough to play with BAPI interface in order to determine item numbers. Check out this thread too for your reference and better understanding. Thanks.

PO ITEM in BAPI_PO_CREATE1 BAPI overwrites | SCN

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no  business scenario for this issue. but it happens as vendor enter multiple credit memo by mistakes. our client want to see whether there is an easy way to handle this by confg  or coding.

thanks

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kanaga, it's possible only via development. Links and OSS have already been shared with you in my previous thread for the same. Please go through them and implement the logic accordingly. Thanks.