cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnostic Agent - Update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

How often do you update the Diagnostic Agent?

Is the Diagnostic Agent update executed by LMSERVICE patch?

Are they any risks I should consider once it is updated?

thanks a lot.

Ma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I think that I found the information from this link:

Diagnostics Agent Maintenance Procedures - SAP Solution Manager Setup - SCN Wiki

Diagnostics Agent Upgrade

There is no need to upgrade Diagnostics Agents (business logic) explicitly.

Diagnostics Agents update their business logic (coding) from the SAP Solution Manager system to which they are connected. All connected Diagnostics Agents that are running in the landscape, are centrally patched, when deploying an LM-SERVICE Java Software Component Archive (SCA) on the SAP Solution Manager system.

Diagnostics Agents installed with Software Provisioning Manager 1.0 SP3, SP4, SP5 and SP6, initially have a version like 7.10.8.xxxxxx

When connecting to a SAP Solution Manager system 7.10 SP5, the freshly installed agent will downgrade to a version like 7.10.5.xxxxxx

When connecting to a SAP Solution Manager system 7.10 SP10, the freshly installed agent will upgrade to a version like 7.10.10.xxxxxx

Diagnostics Agent installation SAP notes document procedures to resolve known issues. Alternatively, you can use the below Diagnostics Agent Replacement procedure.

Diagnostics Agent Kernel Patch

If you have problems with the SAP Kernel which is used by the Diagostics Agent, you may need to apply a SAP Kernel patch for the Diagnostics Agent. The procedure for Linux/Unix and for Windows is described in SAP note 2147092.

Diagnostics Agent Kernel Upgrade

In rare cases you may be asked to upgrade the SAP Kernel used by the Diagnostics Agent (see SAP note 1707141).

The same can be achieved, by applying the below Diagnostics Agent Replacement procedure.

Diagnostics Agent JVM Upgrade

In rare cases you may be asked to upgrade the SAP JVM used by the Diagnostics Agent (see SAP note 1774669) .