cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection screen after login and before displaying launchpad tiles possible ?

SAPSeeker
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Fiori Expert's,

We have a requirement to display our users with a selection list after the user's logs into launchpad initial screen and before displaying the tiles.

Below are the step's that any fiori user would be performing.

1. Login screen

2. Select a value from list (of plants or regions or countries or designations)

3. Based on user's selection, display the list of tiles the user is authorized to.

Is it possible ? If yes, can you please guide on how to achieve it ?

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Fiori launchpad has personalization function. User can add apps from catalogs and arrange tile groups and order like daily use their mobile device.

IT team just needs to manage catalogs and roles.

End users select apps from authorized catalogs.

IT team is now free from old fashioned task like managing end users screen.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

SAPSeeker
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Masa,

Our requirement is, our end user's might be assigned to multiple plant's and they keep roaming between plants across different regions. Also, they wish to see the activities of any plant, while they are present in another plant.

One of the options to enable this functionality is to allow user's to select the plant they wish to see by providing them with the list of plants they are allowed. For that, there should be a selection list, after the user's would login into Fiori, but before displaying the tiles. The underlying app's would be same for all plants, but the data within would change based on selection. Hope you get our requirement. If not, i wish to explain in detail again.

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav.

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So if I understand your requirement correctly, for e.g. a user A will have authorization for plants 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 whereas another user B will have authorization for plants 6, 7 and 8. So when they login to the launchpad, they would see the same Fiori app, only with the data of the specific plants which they are authorized for.

If this is the case, then the filtering of data specific to authorized plants depending upon which user has logged in should be the job of the underlying OData service and not of the front end application.

Regards,

Saurabh

SAPSeeker
Participant
0 Kudos

Saurabh,

The Fiori Launchpad will have many individual applications. Instead of filtering all the records in all applications that the user would navigate, it is better to make this selection upfront before logging in. Moreoever, i am sure, even themes can be changed based on selection before displaying launchpad and it will help the user to clearly differentiate which plant details he is looking into. There are pros and cons, but we feel the pros are worth to be tested.

Thanks,

Gaurav.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Have you evaluated the function in app level instead of launchpad level?

I remember a customer has enhanced a web app and header bar has plant code with plant color. So users always recognize a plant by color and text. I think this fits for your requirement.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Display list of tiles the user is authorised to based on plant/region/country/designation - shouldn't this be done via PFCG roles?

SAPSeeker
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

Please have a look at what i responded to Masa. Our requirement is little different.

Thanks.,

Gaurav.