cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser Cache deletion not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have been using FIORI Launchpad for almost 8 months now and we have had a persistent intermittent issue(s) with clearing the browser caches.

As and when a new tile is added/removed to the catalogue , the tile(s) at times don't show up for some users who have the desired role(s).

One some computers it seem to work fine on others it doesn't. Its very inconsistent.

We request the users to clear the browser cache and still it doesn't work.

Just today, I added a role to my  id and on one computer I am able to see only 2 tiles of 12 in the catalogue. I go and log in to other machine , I see all the 12 tiles.

I would like to understand what is the correct way of handling these cache issues.What we also found is if you are on IE and the tiles are not showing up, you hit F12 and change the Edge to 10 and then the tiles show up.

Sometimes, you can view that the catalogue is out of sync when you go to pfcg and go to Catalogue under Menu and click Display Catalogue.

Any help on how to handle such issues would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shv

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jochinnabathini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

Activating Cache Buster would also be helpful for you.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_uiaddon10/helpdata/en/1b/eb97dba2d4414cb53ed656c0e8c70b/content.htm

JC

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Does following points for cache clearance help .

1. Report /UI2/INVALIDATE_GLOBAL_CACHES (clear the cache)

2.Clear the server http cache

Go to the transaction SMICM. Goto -> HTTP plugin -> Server cache -> Invalidate Locally and Globally.

3. Clear metadata cache

Transaction: /IWFND/CACHE_CLEANUP on Gateway

Transaction: /IWBEP/CACHE_CLEANUP on Backend and Gateway

4. Synchronize chip cache

Run the report /UI2/CHIP_SYNCHRONIZE_CACHE. Make sure there is no error in the table /UI2/CHIP_CHDR

Run the report /UI2/DELETE_CACHE_AFTER_IMP.

/UI2/DELETE_CACHE

5. Run cache buster

Run the report /UI5/UPDATE_CACHEBUSTER.

6. Clear local browser cache

7. Report /UI2/INVALIDATE_CLIENT_CACHES

Regards,

Sarbjeet Singh