cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote connection using SAProuter and Service Connector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

What I am trying to do is to connect to an SAP system of a client of ours.

This is what I have found out and what works -

I found out that for such a scenario a SAProuter and the Service Connector somewhow come into play. I worked with the SAProuter and could connect to a test IDES system in our company with the following router string -

/H/<localsystem_where_SAProuter_is_running>/H/<IP_of_IDES>/S/3200

This basically means that I would have to connect my SAProuter with the client's SAProuter and the client router would then pass on my connection to their SAP system like this -

/H/<mySAProuter>/H/<clientSAProuter>/S/<port_client_SAProuter>/W/<client_password_if_specified>

When this connection is established, I can access the client's SAP system through a SAPGui (Windows or Java) from my side using the connection string as specified above.

If this works, why do I need a service connector? What would it's function be?

Another question being - I have been told that a connection can also be established by using a connection from us to SAP and then from SAP to the client's SAP system (this has been suggested by the client). Where does this scenario fit in? If it is indeed possible, what do I need to do to make such a connection work?

I would appreciate it if someone answers who has actually worked on such a situation.

Bye!

Sameer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

First you should make it clear that whether you are trying to open a service connection with SAP for your client`s SAP servers.

If this is the scenario then answer for your question is,

why do I need a service connector? What would it's function be?

The Service Connector is a tool that needs to be installed on your local PC to open the Remote Network Connection (between your SAProuter and SAP’s Support Backend). In case your company is permanently connected to SAP’s Support Backend via the Internet, the Service Connector might not be necessary.

I am still not clear about your requirement. please be more clear if you still have doubts.

regards,

Vinodh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinod,

The question was how do I connect to a client's SAP system from our side for some data extractions from their SAP system.

Your answer about the Service Connector helped quite a bit. Here is what I have also found out in the meanwhile -

It is possible for us (as an SAP customer) to establish a connection with the remote client's SAP System using the Service Marketplace as a stepping stone. We first open a connection with SAP, then the connection is forwarded to the client's SAP system (which is also connected to SAP).

This way the client stays assured the connection is secure. In this case, the service connector would not be necessary for us since we have a permanent connection to SAP's support backend like you correctly mentioned.

Thanks for taking the time to answer!

Sameer

Answers (0)