Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OData Offline Kapsel ErrorArchive AffectedEntity

olav_rask2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

We are currently developing an application for offline OData using the Kapsel plugins. We have a list of items beeing updated by the user and would like to display an error indicator next to each item, to show if an edit request against the specific item has failed. E.g.:

Item 1     Error: No

Item 2     Error: Yes

Item 3     Error: No

I know it is possible to add a custom tag to each request. Here we could add the item ID to later be able to query the ErrorArchive to check for errors for each item.

During my invetigation i have also come across the naigation property AffectedEntity in the ErrorArchive. Acording to the documentation this navigation property should point to the entity that had the error (in this case i would expect the Item). But when i try to expand the property using "/ErrorArchive?$expand=AffectedEntity" i get an error saying that an entity in the error archive cannot be acessed using this url.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Best regards,

Olav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Try asking here http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-65397 .

Regards,

Kevin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

olav_rask2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Kenichi Unnai posted the following answer to a comment i made on

Thanks for pointing out. It is a new feature of SDK SP11.

You can use it to access entities that are in an error state due to a particular failed request, you can only access them through a specific error archive entity.

So /ErrorArchive?$expand=AffectedEntity will throw an error

But /ErrorArchive(1)/AffectedEntity should work fine.

As this remark is not documented, there will be some update on the help doc soon.