cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peer certificate is not trusted or expired.

former_member84399
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

In the application log of my J2EE Engine, I see the error message below

Peer certificate is not trusted or expired.

Now, none of the certificates I have installed expire any time soon. Is this because the certificates I have installed are test certificates (downloaded from SAP Service Marketplace for free, are valid for 8 weeks only)

Another detail is that I have this message appearing every day twice at 8:20 AM and 20:20 PM, ie every two hours. Is any of you aware of what is triggering this check?

Many thanks

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

we are having those lines in our server logs as well.

We are trying to connect our portal server to the corporate LDAP server. The portal server doesn't accept the ticket the LDAP server issues and so every time the portal server tries to access the LDAP server, this message appears in the defaultTrace.trc.

In your case this message may have got nothing to do with LDAP, but maybe that helps you narrowing down the problem.

Bye,

Jens

former_member84399
Participant
0 Kudos

Solved :

Followed the instructions of note 694290 to import the certificate chain

Essentially, I needed to export the already existing private key to a .p8 file named exactly after the already existing private key entry. Then, I delete the private key entry and hit Load, put the .p8 file I just exported and then import my certificate file (CSR response), the intermediate CA certificate and the root CA certificate

Regards

Andreas