cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I move objects in BUILD?

former_member185998
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I'm trying to build a Fiori-like mockup in BUILD using the built-in controls. I actually find lots of issues with the tool, but try to restrain myself from dumping them all in one post.

I've added a simple Icon Tab Bar. Now I want to rearrange the tabs in a different order. How can I do that?

Dragging and dropping in the canvas seems to cause an awful mess. I've tried it several times.

I can't find any copy-paste functions. Ctrl-X Ctrl-V don't work.

Apparently I can't move the objects about in the Outline pane either.

I couldn't find any proper help pages. The BUILD help page refers to SAPUI5 documentation for control details, which of course provides nothing in this context.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regarding help.  Have you search here on sap.github.io? I agree it is somewhat limited but that plus the videos explain things fairly well IMO.

Splash Help

former_member185998
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yeah, the chapter Add UI Controls instructs to drag controls to the canvas. More than that,

For more information, see UI5 Development ToolkitInformation published on SAP site.

OK, apparantly dragging should be work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a bit funny since this only works for tabs that I have added (this example was based on a master-detail template), I cannot move the "original" tabs around in the same way.  Early days for SAP Build but very promising. 

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible to rearrange the tabs in a different order. Select the tab you want to move and drag it on top of the one you want it to appear on the right side.

former_member185998
Active Participant
0 Kudos

That's precisely what I've tried to do, but..

Oops... Control cannot be moved at that position

To be sure that I pick the right object, I like to click on Ok Icon Tab in the OUTLINE pane, so the tab icon gets highlighted on the canvas. Then I try to drag & drop. I've tried with all tabs, but to no avail.

Thanks for confirming that I'm on the right track, though! Maybe a browser compatibility issue. I'm using Chrome, all right, but the 64-bit version.

At this stage, I'll probably just leave this be.