cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDT variables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Can you please help me know a way to declare variables within the Information Design Tool. I have tried to use the @variable but I am falling to understand on how to implement it.

Regards

Marvin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marvin,

Can you detail a bit more what you want to achieve?

@Variable is used to retreive environment variables or universe parameters such as User, Universe Name, etc.

Is it related to SAP HANA?

Thank you

regrads,

Didier

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

First I would like to say thanks for all the information provided.

What I was trying to use variables within my SQL code, but I ended up using the @prompt function to get the desired data.

The information that you guys provided to me was insightful and helped me understand a lot.

Thanks again.

Regards

Marvin Butji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Like Didier mentioned @Variable is used to retrieve environment variables.

You can check the thread below that will give you the lost of options you can use with this.

Regards

Niraj

former_member206070
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Butji,

@variable

This is the one type of @function in IDT. Actually in IDT we have some more functions.

The @Variable function is used to call the value assigned to variables. This function is generally used in security implementation.

e.g. You variable (‘BOUSER’) will return the name of currently logged in business objects user

Could you please tell me the what is the exact point you want from @variable function.

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer IDT user guide

https://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbo41/en/sbo41sp1_bip_admin_en.pdf

Section "18.3.6 About @Variable" explains list of available @variable functions with examples.

If you have some specific requirement specify that, so that we can help you.

Thanks,

Divya