cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BO 4.1] Design Studio 1.6 - Manage folders - no security option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

we are running SAP BI Platform 4.1 SP 5 and the Design Studio addon for BIP 1.6.

We want to use the bookmark functionality of Design Studio but we want to restrict the access to the bookmark folders.

I am logged in to the CMC as an user which is part of the Administrators-Group but when I go to "Applications" -> "Design Studio Runtime" -> "Manage Folders" there is only an option "Properties" no "user security" (see attachments).

Is there something which has to be configured?

Do you have any idea why there is no security option?

Thanks and best regards,

Sebastian Maier

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Please refer to the comments in the following discussion:

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

thanks for your fast response.

I already read the thread you mentioned but I couldn't find a solution for our problem there as we are already running BI 4.1 SP5 and Pulendar mentioned he can see the options on his BI 4.1 SP 5 installation.

Best regards,

Sebastian

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sebastian - could you do security by folders, as mentioned here in Sushma's blog - steps 8/9:

I don't remember which BI4.1 SP when bookmark folders became available on the BI platform so I am not sure you will have that option in BI4.1 SP5 - you may need to go to SP6 or SP7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tammy - I can assign the "User security" for the Design Studio Runtime itself but not to each folder under "Manage Folders" as mentioned in step 9 of your link.

I don't think it is because of our BIP version to be honest because I already read from BIP installations 4.1 SP 5 which do have this option.

Furthermore another customer is running BIP 4.1 SP 6 with Design Studio 1.6 and there this option is also not available.

I am really confused...

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, I see you say you are logged on as part of the Admin-group - could the Administrator logon ID logon to the BI platform to see if they can see it?  

Former Member
0 Kudos

We tried that already

Unfortunately, the Administrator-User also cannot see any option for user security.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At this point, I would submit an incident with SAP Support and reference this thread...

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sebastian:

I found a SAP note that this was fixed in Design Studio 1.6 SP01

See https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2267936/E

Note 2267936 - could you please check?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This one looks really promising - thank you Tammy.

We will test that and I will report back.

Thanks and best regards,

Sebastian Maier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved thanks to the upgrade.

Thanks a lot!

Answers (0)