SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Period wise balance carryforward

former_member778197
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a question. We are using period wise budget control using fund. Multiple year budget is active. Our case is like that, for example they entry a budget for april 2000 EUR. We only check this amount for april ( I created fund M01 for april  and derive from posting date ). They are consuming 500 EUR. They want to carryforward residual 1500 EUR from april to may ( M01 to M02 ). and they want this process automatically. I created a new report wit Z for this using table FMAVCT. The end of september, they entry revised budget and dont want to carryforward next month. I created fund, commitment item and fund center for closing. I send to balance to this closing account assignments and dont derive this closing account assignment in fmderive. Can anyone guide me this process  manage in FM module? I have doubts about this because of my first fm project.

Thank you very much

7 REPLIES 7

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically, what you need to do is to build a program which will manage residual budget for you on particular fund and post budgetary documents, taking unconsumed budget from, say, fund April towards fund May. As you understand, there is no standard tool for this handling of the budget, because actual carry-forward works on annual basis; hence, it's irrelevant in your case.

You can use BAPI_0050_CREATE to generate these budgetary documents, but the program which runs the BAPI will have to calculate residual budget by itself looking, as correctly mentioned by you, on FMAVCT table.

Bottom line: feasible, but not standard and requires mid-scale development.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I already do this program using BAPI_0050_CREATE. And this program using FMAVCT as you said. I just wanted to learn that is it effect anything else. But as far as  I understand the method I used will not effect another something???

Thank you

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Effect what, for example?

0 Kudos

I dont know. Thats why I asked you

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you post budgetary document, it will impact the budget and AVC ledger. No other impact is foreseen.

0 Kudos

I really thank you Eli.

This project will go live because of you.

Thanks again

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you