cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order number range skipped

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We face one issue where sales order skipped one number e.g xxxx01,xxxx02,xxxx04, insted of 03 it took 04.

We checked object RV_BELEG but no buffer has been maintained.Then we checked ST22 there also we didnt find any dump on that day.

Could you please help what can be the reason fro skipping?

This problem we notified only once.

I checked number of threads on sdn but every where i found check buffer settings but in our case we have not maintained any buffer so asked question in this forum.

Thank you

Regards,

Tina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please refer the link below:

You have already checked Buffer settings, but there is another angle to it. If two users are creating same Sales Orders type simultaneously, this issue may occur.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jigesh,

Thank you very much for reply.

second might be a reason so do we have any way to find of does this can be a cause or not? or we can just conclude with assumption only.

Thanks

Regards,

Tina

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is no way to find the reason for this one time event. But you can simulate the case in your development / quality server, where multiple users start creating Sales Order of same type say ZOR at a same time and after a while few of them quit (meaning do not save the order) and few users successfully save the order.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check for any lock entries in SM12 on the same date of Sales Order creation.

If the lock entry is available and not yet processed you can convey it to Client and with their approval you can re-process the same in system. But chances are rare to get the same Sales Order number.

Regards,

SRK

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you everyone for your replies.

I will check on this.