Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct deploy in CMServices

DG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have enabled DI and is using the stand-alone usage type of CM / CM Services.

In the CM screen I can there is a connection to a runtime system.

How can I deploy to this system to my developed software components.

Daniel Graversen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

there are various ways.

The software can get deployed thanks to the autodeployment feature (see checkbox for this in the RTS config for DEV and CONS) any time you trigger an import or activate.

You can on the other hand also force the deployment say using the http://<host>:<port>/TCS/Deployer

To TEST/PROD deployment triggered when you import in CMS (actually in these stages the only action happens is deployement).

Was this your question? If yes, I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ervin

DG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin

RTS what is that?

In CM I have setup the runtime system as the following. When I build or activate something in CBS i dont get any log entries.

When I use the TCSDeployer i get the following error.

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.ejb.exceptions.BaseObjectNotFoundException: The requested object does not exist.

at com.sap.cms.tcs.beans.CBSCNFGBean0PM.ejbFindByPrimaryKey(CBSCNFGBean0PM.java:563)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

DG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I dont know if it is related.

When I got to the deploy view none of my transports can be relased. When I rigth click it the Release action in the menu is grayed out.

We have not setup CMS since we want to use CTS+ for transport later.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ah, I thought you also use CMS. RTS means RunTimeSystem by the way.
Regarding the Transport view from where it should be possible to hand over the request to the Transport Organizer tool, let me sniff around, I remember there are couple of prerequisites for that context menu entry to show up.

Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

afaik if Release is grayed out then probably the setup with CTS+ scenario is not complete, else I think you should also see a context menu item "Go to Transport Organizer" or similar.

Take a look at this that might help

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b08abb67-0e34-2d10-78b8-e7246ad93...

Another more recent version for 7.3

http://a248.g.akamai.net/n/248/420835/64b38cb0aafabdfa47cad0f4296bdcf7d652c6e5ec01e9a194c2727303dbf3...

Cheers,

Ervin

DG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think it may be the CTS+ that is missing. I guess I'll need to get Basis to help setting it up.

Answers (0)