Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple instance in Oracle RAC ASM

sbmrafikul2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have a oracle RAC ASM with two SAP db instance currently running. We are now planning to install another db instance on it. The database instance already exist are XX1, YY1 & we are planning to install ZZ1.

So my question is during ZZ1 installation what are the points I have to take notice so that it will not effect the others in the RAC. In sapinst in the below option which we have to select, whether i have to select MCOD or Install database (recreate if exist)

For Oracle_HOME for grid I have to share the same location of grid which I choose for other instances or something different

In the RAC parameters I gave the SID of the new system ZZ1

Kindly advise.

Regards,

Jituda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jituda,

You should not get the option MCOD. while the installation on SAP RAC.

Somewhere you are giving some wrong input.

Kindly share your email id , i will drop a you a mail with the details.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

sbmrafikul2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashutosh,

My mail id jitumahatma@gmail.com

Regards,

Jituda

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jituda,

I have dropped you a mail with the infos and i will be soon writing a blog on end to end installtion on RAC.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

sbmrafikul2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ashutosh,

Thanks for the mail.

We are still not getting clearance from Oracle DBA to install the oracle software in the above mentioned node. As per them the oracle RAC already have oracle softwares in it, so installing again the software with the help of ./RUNINSTALLER will damage the softwares already there & problems for running other instances in the RAC.

Is there any way to tackle this scenario.

Regards,

Jituda

Answers (0)