Did you mean: 

Message Mapping invoking webservices using SAPXI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have done the same XI configuration described in Siva Maranani's blog

(invoking webservices using SAPXI)

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/03/invoke-webservices-using-sapxi

But I have a problem: the blog doesn't explain how to configure the Message Mapping. Can somebody help me?

Thanks to all!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

its simple;

use the imported WSDL to define the source and target message for your message mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, but my problem is another: in the Message Mapping, I have only one source filed named "return" that is the response of webservice, and more target fields that are clients informations. How can I perform my Message Mapping?

Thanks!

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriele,

If ur webservice accepts some data and gives some response, then both input and output should get imported into XI as seperate message types (Under Messages Tab) as shown in step 1 of ur referred weblog

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/03/invoke-webservices-using-sapxi

So there u must have 2 messages: 1 for request and 1 for response. This depends upon ur wsdl structure. Once u get these messages, u could proceed with ur message mapping

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

you want to say to me that when I import in XI the WSDL as External Definition, I have to verify if in "Messages" tab there are all source fields that I need to do the mapping? I find only two messages, an Input and an Output message, to be used for request and response, but when I perform the Response Message Mapping, I have only ONE SOURCE FIELDS and MANY TARGET FIELDS... it is impossible to do the mapping!!! I must change my WSDL?

Thanks!

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While using the webservices, it is the responsibility of the wsdl file for providing any of the field tht might be further used in mapping. So whatever field u r looking for mapping should exist in the wsdl file and when u import this wsdl, these fields become part of the "Message" tab

<i>[Reward if helpful]

</i>

Regards,

Prateek