Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while extending Fiori My Inbox app in local web ide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Hope you all are doing good!

I was trying to extend My Inbox Fiori app (CA_FIORI_INBOX) in Local Webide, I thought it would be simply following the wizard in order to create an extension project. But it does not seem to be straight forward. upon starting the wizard for creating extension project I get an error saying "There are multiple metadata.xml files in the application"

Have u guys come across such issue, please suggest how to proceed on this.

Thanks In Advance !

Thanks & Regards

Ravikant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys any hint?

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you take a look at this?

Thanks, Mike

SAP Technology RIG

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

What version of the my inbox are you using?  Have you tried it on the Web IDE trial system?

Regards,

Jamie

SAP - Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

I'm using Fiori My Inbox version 2.0 and yes I have tried extending this app on SAP Web IDE (Local Trail Version). I have attached the screen shot as well. Std Fiori SAPUI5 project name is CA_FIORI_INBOX.

Please let me know for any clarifications

Thanks & Regards

Ravikant

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Can you try it on the HCP trial Web IDE to see if the same error persists?

Regards,

Jamie

SAP - Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

It works on HCP trail WEB IDE, but unfortunately i can not work here . can you please note this issue to fix in future release of local web ide.

former_member104848
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ravikant,

Inbox project does not have two metadata.xml files. How did you import the project into your WebIDE. Also could you send a screenshot of where the two metadata.xmls are located in the project? We will check this. Also, could you delete one of them and try in your local WebIDE?

Regards

Radhika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

thank you for looking into this issue.

but My Inbox do have two metadata files.

Upon deletion it allows me to create extension project as a workaround i have already done this. but I can not create the extenstion project directly from sap ABAP repository. I need to import std app and then delete the extra metedata file and create extension project.

Thanks

Ravikant